RE: Illinois Beach State Park

I am in River North, how do I find the beach? I am not looking for anything other than a place to be nude other than my condo, King Spa, or driving to Mazo beach.

This post was edited

The north beach area has taken a lot of erosion this season, but the area between Zion's Hosah park and the drainage ditch that runs along the 19th ave path are a lot of logs, coves and other shelter. I had it to myself for a good chunk of today so I could skinny dip. I spent a couple hours on the south beach too: there was a couple, several guys, and a group of three young women enjoying the lack of crowds as an opportunity to be flexible in beach wear.

This post was edited

Couldn't get out there on Saturday this weekend -- that appears to be the day to get out there.On Sunday, the nature center beach had a few guys in thongs, one lone naked man who didn't look particularly comfortable.
I'd spent the morning on the north nature area, and had it to myself. The sand which was gone last week is mostly back -- I don't know how the lake could drop that much in a week. I only left because I'd run out of water.

This post was edited

I visited yesterday by the Nature Center - what is it with guys strutting in thongs? Other than them there was one nude guy there. I spent about an hour relaxing by the water but stayed clothed. Did not see any official traffic. Perhaps next time I will get sky-clad.

This post was edited

I've never been there before. I have to take a look at it before the weather changes. It will be another nude venue besides driving to Woodlot.

This post was edited

It's predicted to be hot and sunny on Saturday.Who's up for a beach day?

This post was edited

I am. I've never been there but plan on visiting the area on tomorrow.

This post was edited

Report from IBSP:Saturday proved NOT to be sunny: Dense fog lifted only for the afternoon rain. The sun did break out a couple times in the morning, but only for a few minutes at a stretch. That meant that I had the North Beach to myself, including walking the shoreline nude from the trailhead to my favorite spot. Nobody was on the beach at all, and only one boat went by in view from the shore over the course of a couple hours. So I thought I'd see if it was the same at the South unit in the afternoon, but it was even foggier. I decided to set down for a while... and briefly the fog cleared enough that I could see a couple on the beach -- it was the folks I've seen there a few times now, enjoying the dark day nude. Neither they nor I stayed long as the thunder started to roll in.
So I declared that Sunday would be a do-over. Boy am I glad I did: bright, sunny, with the lake warm and wavy. The morning on the North unit was desolated as usual, and sunning and skinny dipping were quite enjoyable, and pretty much risk free. I took a walk down the South unit after lunch, but saw nobody nude -- none of the usuals. I wasn't getting a comfortable vibe, so I went back to the North unit, where a few more (clothed) people had showed up, making skinny dipping risky, but there's enough cover for sunning. Still, I didn't want to leave until quite late -- great day. I'm hoping for another trip this Saturday, see you all there?

This post was edited

@MXQ123 - Thank you for the report and info. Armed with your insight, hopefully I will be confident enough to enjoy some skyclad time when next there.

This post was edited

Dan, try starting at Hosah Park, on Shiloh by the old power plant. Or from where you started, turn south on the main trail, there are some easier trails to the beach just a bit further south than that road.
The north unit can be highly variable in terms of crowd... best early in the day. I wish you luck.

This post was edited