RE: Illinois Beach State Park

Another beautiful Sunday. North unit in the morning was very quiet: I saw only two people who came in at the trail head and left a few minutes later. Got lots of sun and swimming in, the water was still as glass.

Afternoon at the south unit: seemed a little highly populated but all clothed when I got there shortly after 1, so I just kept walking, south of the river. At three I headed north again, just to see the ranger jeep come out of the south trail and head north. When I got to the middle section there were many folk thonged, a couple with him nude (sometimes) and her topless... and a group of three nude women. So I joined in the strength in numbers, and had a nice relaxing afternoon. Sadly nobody else added to the trend.

This post was edited

I'm hoping next week will be nice for the beach.

This post was edited

Warning: a new batch of biting flies is around. They're at the annoying, not intolerable level, and worse on the north unit than the south. The water was a little cooler than the last couple visits - refreshing but not chilly, still easy to walk right into the water.
The north unit was reasonably quiet in the morning, but during a skinny dip a boat pulled up and dropped anchor, no choice but to get out of the water as-is. They didn't speed away, they didn't shout and point, so it seems like it was probably OK with them, but I didn't stick around too much longer.
Yesterday was the busiest I've seen the south unit beach, even so there was a quite large contingent of barely-dressed folk when I arrived (including one guy wearing a strategically-placed hat). The ranger jeep came by, asked if I was wearing anything (I was -- but it was not entirely obvious from how I was sitting), and stopped for a while at a couple spots north of me: I don't know if there were issues or just conversation.
Afterward, the scene relaxed a bit, a few more people undressed. A couple showed up and set up a ways down from me. She might have been one of the women from the previous week, but only removed her top. Her partner shed his trunks, but it appeared it was for *ahem* pleasure purposes, based on the head-bobbing visible from a block away, and that he re-dressed shortly after that. C'mon people, keep the sex off the beach. Yes naked is sexy: get all fired up and have that fun after you leave.
On the way out of the park there were rifle-toting Lake County police stopping every car, checking for a fugitive described as black with long hair, dressed all in black.

This post was edited

Maybe i have been lucky rarely see a ranger during mid week. I usualy head south of the river but last week hung out about half way to the river. It would be great if i didnt have to be on guard all the time. do the rangers go all the way to the south end way past the river and if so can one see them from the beach?I have seen the ranger jeep tire tracks on the area south of the dead river, but not in the last few visits: they enter at the south dune crossing and drive north. You've probably got enough time to cover up if they are heading south, but use driftwood, your cooler, etc. as a screen to give yourself a chance to put something on without it being obvious.
But stay vigilant.

This post was edited

Anyone planning on sunning on Friday? Should be a beautiful day.

This post was edited

Going to try to make it out Friday midday. No promises but it would be great to meet up:

This post was edited

Wish I could, work is picking up. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday if the sun comes out.

This post was edited

Should be beautiful out there on Friday. Anyone going?

This post was edited

Today should be the perfect day for laying out in the sun.

This post was edited

Going to try a Sunday and see how it is.....

This post was edited