RE: Naked people thinking they are Nudists!

I think naked and nude are one and the same when it comes to any definition of the word. They both mean the same thing, without clothes on. Just like, what is the difference between a car and an automobile, a pig and a swine, a horse and an equine, a bird and a fowl, a pistol and a hand gun, water and H2O, a nation and a country? Aren't these all examples of differentwords for the same thing? So you could be a nudist or a nakedist, and still be the same thing, just depends on how you want to say it. I don't see any real distinctive difference between the two words, nude and naked. They both mean basically the same thing, and can be used interchangeably. So what's the difference between being nude or naked? Nothing.

This post was edited

I think naked and nude are one and the same when it comes to any definition of the word. They both mean the same thing, without clothes on. Just like, what is the difference between a car and an automobile, a pig and a swine, a horse and an equine, a bird and a fowl, a pistol and a hand gun, water and H2O, a nation and a country? Aren't these all examples of differentwords for the same thing? So you could be a nudist or a nakedist, and still be the same thing, just depends on how you want to say it. I don't see any real distinctive difference between the two words, nude and naked. They both mean basically the same thing, and can be used interchangeably. So what's the difference between being nude or naked? Nothing.Words are about context not simple content.

This post was edited

I think naked and nude are one and the same when it comes to any definition of the word. They both mean the same thing, without clothes on. Just like, what is the difference between a car and an automobile, a pig and a swine, a horse and an equine, a bird and a fowl, a pistol and a hand gun, water and H2O, a nation and a country? Aren't these all examples of differentwords for the same thing? So you could be a nudist or a nakedist, and still be the same thing, just depends on how you want to say it. I don't see any real distinctive difference between the two words, nude and naked. They both mean basically the same thing, and can be used interchangeably. So what's the difference between being nude or naked? Nothing.Words are about context not simple content.More gibberish?

This post was edited

I know in New York (Times Sq) there is a fellow which goes by the name, "The Naked Cowboy". Yes he does have the cowboyboots and hat and carries aguitar but he also wears a pair of white Y-fronts with the words "Naked Cowboy" across his butt.
(MOH's comment btw was "Nice Guitar!")To me that isn't naked but is that just an American thing? Underwear only is considered naked? Certainly a Google search for naked videos come up with a lot of underwear-clothed people.
I think nude in the US is therefore completely unclothed. Perhaps I'm wrong.
In the UK, naked is used for the more "sensationalist" newspapers (for sexual escapades) and nude is usedfor the real non-sexual nudists, who simply prefer to wear no clothes.

This post was edited