Naked people thinking they are Nudists!

This topic has risen after a discussion on another topic on this site.
Can anybody please explain when I as a naked person can call myself a nudist?
Also what is the Nudist Ethos that one must observe to call oneself a nudist.and / orwhat are "The Ideals of Nudism"
I love being naked 24/7, but my spouse isn't as keen on the 24/7.However we love outdoor activities especially when we are naked or is that nude.Although most of the time we are naked at home we also like to meet and participate in social activities with other naked people.
Take care and stay bare
K&T

This topic was edited
RE: Naked people thinking they are Nudists!

Grasshopper, you may find the answers you seek at AANR dot com and Google dot com :)
Happy Hunting

This post was edited

Well, you can say appropriately, "He's in the nude," but you cannot say, "He's in the naked"! You can say, "The artist is famous for his sensual nudes," but you cannot say, "The artist is famous for his sensual nakeds"! Nude, then, does seem a bit more formal. Its connotation has a "softer" edge to it, whereas "naked" is a bit edgier to the ear, perhaps because of the hard "k" sound. Saying with astonishment "My goodness, he's completely naked!" seems quite appropriate, whereas "My goodness, he's completely nude!" does not.
Source~ English Language & Usage.

This post was edited

Good reply's so far peoples, however this post was raised not to be told where we could find info on the topic of being a nudist.
We raised The question as it appears many on here call themselves nudist, but maybe are not according to some members.
We would love to hear your own thoughts.
Also to explain different peoples idea as to what naked and nude meant to them I found this website
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/106582/when-to-use-nude-and-when-naked

nakedemphasises thelack of clothes.
nudeemphasises thebody.

Take care and stay bare
K & T

This post was edited

Good reply's so far peoples, however this post was raised not to be told where we could find info on the topic of being a nudist.We raised The question as it appears many on here call themselves nudist, but maybe are not according to some members.We would love to hear your own thoughts.Also to explain different peoples idea as to what naked and nude meant to them I found this websitehttps://english.stackexchange.com/questions/106582/when-to-use-nude-and-when-nakednakedemphasises thelack of clothes.nudeemphasises thebody.Take care and stay bareK & T"We raised The question as it appears many on here call themselves nudist, but maybe are not according to some members."
Don't give a damn what "some members" call themselves or what they call me.

This post was edited

Don't call me late for dinner! or late for a nude party either!!

This post was edited

According to my son when I told him I was a nudist, he told me "No you are not!" His rationale is that I just like to not have clothes on. He said that is what he does too. He could not explain what a nudist really is. He is 23 and seems to speak for many of his friends. The take-away might be who cares what you call it. Just do it!

This post was edited

When you are unclothed when possible, clothed when necessary, and understand that nudity is not inherently sexual.That pretty much says it.

This post was edited

I'm sorry to have to say this but this is typical American navel-gazing. It really doesn't matter what you call yourself or how you are called ... Naked (an adjective by the way), nude (a noun as well as an adjective), naturist (noun). Does it matter? I'm constantly amazed by several of the threads on this site which seem to examine ad nauseam the minutiae of nude life e.g. Sleeping Naked. Who in their right minds cares? The simple truth is that you are nude, without clothes, bare, not a stitch on, naked ... I could go on but Monty Python in their Dead Parrot sketch did it much better than I - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

This post was edited

When asked about nudism my usual response is that it's doing
things you would normally do simply without clothes. That said, I also believe
that nudism should be practiced where it is legally and socially acceptable at
a particular place and time to be nude.

The practice of nudism does not REQUIRE membership in any
organization. Formally joining a club, resort or website by paying a membership
does indicate your commitment to the ideals of these organizations. But it is
not PROOF that you're a nudist. Membership fees merely help to financially support
the organizations.

Nudists come from all walks of life. It is only our
enjoyment of being naked that is similar. All who identify themselves as
nudists should be free to enjoy nudism as they see fit. In doing so we should
all respect the rights of other nudists to do the same. While organizations
have the right to establish rules that go with membership, no organization or
individuals get to decide who is or isn't a nudist. Lastly, a person's beliefs or
lifestyle choices do not affirm nor negate the fact that they are a TRUE nudist.

This post was edited

I'm sorry to have to say this but this is typical American navel-gazing. It really doesn't matter what you call yourself or how you are called ... Naked (an adjective by the way), nude (a noun as well as an adjective), naturist (noun). Does it matter? I'm constantly amazed by several of the threads on this site which seem to examine ad nauseam the minutiae of nude life e.g. Sleeping Naked. Who in their right minds cares? The simple truth is that you are nude, without clothes, bare, not a stitch on, naked ... I could go on but Monty Python in their Dead Parrot sketch did it much better than I - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218I'm sorry to have to say this but someone who brings up navel-gazing should at least be able to gaze at his own navel.

This post was edited