The nudist way we are, confident or not?

We are Nude, we are nudists and we do things naked, which means devoid of any textile on the skin. At occasions we dare, encouraged by other nudists, to become a little more confident. I have experienced a lot of nudists still having some textile coverings, Top and or bottom, while I was at a nudist retreat. I would understand to be free off textile in a nudist setting. Nudism is my lifestyle and I find it strange to see other so called nudists, to not wanting to comply. Perhaps there is a category to be named " Semi Nudists".

This topic was edited
RE: The nudist way we are, confident or not?

at a " nudist resort " GO NUDE OR GO HOME !!!!!Really? I LIVE at The Deer Park Nudist Resort.
SO, I was at home.
The temperature was
50 degrees.
It was
cloudy and very windy.
You want me to be uncomfortable so you can see my naked old body?????

This post was edited

Quite possibly too is that the clothed person is uncomfortable with their body but they like the non-judgemental and friendly atmosphere of the nudist resort.

This post was edited

We may be nude, but that does not mean we are stupid. When it is cold you put on clothes, also even when it is sunny and warm folks do need to cover up to protect against the sun.

This post was edited

I have read both sides to this line of conversation. I think that while yes we are nudists, and going to a nudist resort would make one think everyone should join in the fun, we can't force others to behave as we desire. Perhaps the clothed or partially clothed person is trying, or had every intention of going the full Monty, but they lost their nerve. Another thought, perhaps the person is the spouse of a nudist, and instead of forcing their spouse to go alone they came to support the interests of their spouse even if they don't agree or would attempt such an act. I realize that yes it can feel awkward, but I am sure to some people we make them feel awkward.
On the other hand, it is very much like if you went to a movie theater, and then instead of watching a movie you decided to practice loudly for a choir performance...it is annoying. If the weather permits then it would be better to dress for the occasion...or undress as the situation warrants. It is all subjective, what is the weather, the situation, the time of the month...you can't just automatically assume you know what is going on. I my self go the diehard route...if I can get away with it I will stay nude as long as possible no matter the weather. Other people have more common sense then I do though. lol

This post was edited

The question of textilism at nudist resorts is probably as old as nudism itself. Although I get the impression that less concessions were made "back in the day"; from some of the 50's footage I've seen it seems everyone HAD to be completely nude to even be allowed on the grounds.

• Clothing-optionality changed the landscape of social nudism by allowing more leeway in terms of "degrees of nudity." It's not all bad because it allowed people through the gates that would have never even attempted it if they'd been forced to be completely naked from the get-go. Case in point: my oft-mentioned ex. She would have never even accompanied me to the resort if she'd even thought that she would have to be completely nude on her first try.
  • Furthermore, her progression was gradual. Her first few tries alternated between a T-shirt or tank top, or a full-wrap or loosely tied sarong. It depended on who was around and how comfortable she was. If someone, during that stage, had walked up to her and said: "Wouldn't it be better if you were completely nude?", I think that would have been the end our nudist outings. In relatively little time her confidence grew, andshe progressed to spending more time nude, even if only in the pool area, sitting quietly. And as she began socializing, her confidence grew even more and she started participating in nudist activities. Participating in nudist activities led her to spending most of her time nude in and out of the pool area - eventually leading to her being nude all the time in nudist environments.
  • This would have never happened with a mandatory nudity policy. I imagine this would also be the case with a majority of newbies/reluctant spouses.
  • And then there's inclement weather/sunshine. I wouldn't fault anyone for covering up because of cold/sunburns.
  • The issue, I feel, is when some visitors/members/residents REPEATEDLY stay covered for none of the above mentioned reasons. It sets a negative vibe for those who do enjoy socializing nude...with nudists. And I place the blame for this squarely on the shoulders of owners/managers, who should at the very least address those people who are repeatedly covered for no particular reason. I understand they are a source of income, but they are also a deterrent for social nudism as a movement.

This post was edited

I suspect that this will probably draw a lot if fire, but I have to say it anyway. It seems to me that many nudists are as irrationally upset about what other people choose to wear as textiles are. Those who are made uncomfortable simply because of what someone else is wearing need to quit torturing themselves. (Notice how that statement applies equally to nudists and textiles.) Your problem is in your imagination. It is an entirely different issue if someone else is acting in an inappropriate manner. Whether or not others are wearing clothes is unimportant. It doesn't make any difference.

This post was edited

Help me out here, why do you care about what other people are wearing? I don't understand. How does that affect you or your wife?

This post was edited

Help me out here, why do you care about what other people are wearing? I don't understand. How does that affect you or your wife?Well said!

This post was edited

Oh what is that quote? "Nude when possible, clothed when necessary?"
I have never seen many fully dressed people at nudist clubs; except for those on their way in or out. However, I have seen many partially dressed nuders, myself included. There have been days where I have had to wear a shirt due to the strength of the sun. As much as I love sunbathing sometimes too much is just too much!
The opposite has been true too. A good example is my last trip to Berkshire Vista Resort. After dinner I went down to the pool bar which was open until 1 or 2AM. In the Berkshire Mountains it gets cold atnight, even in August. Not only did I put on a shirt, but so did many of the others. (If my core is warm I am warm.)
If anyone would have demanded that in either of these situations I take my shirt off since it's a nudist environment I would have gone back to my cabin and read.
Does the "go nude or die" crowd want to put a time limit on how long you can keep a towel over your shoulders when reading at the pool?

This post was edited

Since we don't have many chances to get to a nude resort, there is no question we will be nude as much as possible. kind of like trying to slow us down at a buffet.

This post was edited