RE: The nudist way we are, confident or not?

I myself really don't care what other people wear, but I can see a couple of reasons why someone might - maybe they are uncomfortable with their own nudity, and want to feel the support that comes from everyone's doing the same thing; maybe they are concerned that clothed people are just there to look.
A weekly volleyball event I sometimes attend has addressed this by declaring the first week of the month nudity-only, and the rest clothing-optional. This makes space for the timid, and a monthly pushback for the voyeurs.

This post was edited

I myself really don't care what other people wear, but I can see a couple of reasons why someone might - maybe they are uncomfortable with their own nudity, and want to feel the support that comes from everyone's doing the same thing; maybe they are concerned that clothed people are just there to look.A weekly volleyball event I sometimes attend has addressed this by declaring the first week of the month nudity-only, and the rest clothing-optional. This makes space for the timid, and a monthly pushback for the voyeurs.Exactly, Steve. The question: "Why do you care what others wear?" irks me because it doesn't come from some compulsive need to see everyone naked. There are philosophical..and practical reasons why someone would not want to be nude and surrounded by partially clad people. Among them the very reasons mentioned above.

• Or maybe everyone should wear want they want; let's just make everything clothing-optional. Seriously, to me, then it's just not nudism anymore.

This post was edited

Knew a guy that would wear socks while at our winter inside swims. He simply said he thought the floor was cold and he didn't want to wear anything else. Good enough for me

This post was edited

There are always two sides to every story.
Maybe she is new to the idea and building up self esteem. To brandish her with the branding iron as being indifferent towards the culture, perhaps should be welcoming with open arms instead. Maybe then once she knows a few people, will gradually open up and relax comfortably. It takes something like 7 attempts on avg, to make change.

This post was edited

I generally do not mind people wearing clothes as long as they don't get bent out of shape by me being nude. I say generally because once in a while there is a person at a nudist venue who makes me feel uncomfortable in their presence. These are the people who I wish would just leave.

This post was edited

hmph some of you make this seem so hard. it ain't hard who cares what others think do u like being naked ( use that word more times then i can think) i am sick of the word naked this naked that naked naked naked. i am sick of terms like you use semi nudist what is that do they come to u to be an full member is being an nudist has to show your boobs your dick and vagina if that what it is ok cool. this is not the world of gaming were you have hard core gamers and competitive gamers. but there is an bound there the love of the game we don't go around saying who is an sami gamer or an real one we play the game. in my book when you take off your pants ans shirt and underwear and nothing else is on you and got either an cam on or at the resorts your an nudist simple has that and keep it that way. stop over complicating it then we can see real progress.

This post was edited

i enjoying going to clubs i don to have to worrie about if i am bothering someone if i am naked, i live in a town and have neighbors near by so outdoor nudity doesent happen alot so at a club dont have to think about it and if they are dresed it does not bother me neather

This post was edited

Well. as a single male, I'm not accepted by any nudist club, good, I don't have to be accepted by them, because I have realised I don't need to be accepted by anyone. I'm very confident within myself and I'm very comfortable with interaction with nudist friendships, as seen on my pics, which everyone can view

This post was edited

Many clubs accept single men - a couple in NSW.

This post was edited

Ideally I like it to be the case that everyone is nude in nudist environments. However I understand that sometimes others may feel the cold more than others and wish to wear something. The important thing to me is that if we wish to be nude we can be, the freedom of choice is important to me.
I can see that some people will be put off from being naked when many others are not so, getting the atmosphere right so as anyone can feel to be fully naked is tricky, I don't know of the perfect way to resolve this. An all nude rule is a rule, life has too many restrictions, especially for nudists wanting to enjoy this way of life more freely. If the perfect answer to this question existed I'm sure it would be operating.
Its OK for those of us who are confident in our own nudity, unfortunately not all nudists possess this strength.

This post was edited