RE: Sorry for the shake up

Good to hear. I didn't realize that there are people that have some control of this site, besides the founder. Now, so that we all know......what is the spam that you are bumping. Example, A person who has a business and is a mmeber of TN and mentioning or advertising it here?A thought: Would a page, forum page be set up for Certified Nudists that do have a business where they could mention it?? Just an idea.
Phil and Jen, if I upset you or offended you, I apologize. Also to other members, I was not insinuating anything out of the ordinary in regard to what I wrote. When I read that JEN AND Phil cleaned up spam, I made the error of thinking they were given some control of the site. Maybe we can all clean up spam, but I am not aware of how to do it. It appears I have started the beginnings of a Hornet's nest, so again, I apologize to anyone I offended and was just making a comment. I hope this nips in the bud any questions that I was in some way commenting in a negative way what Phil and Jen were/are doing.

LOL, Rock...I'm not that easily offended! I just wanted to make sure that everyone who read that post understood that we have no special privledges. We (there are many of us - not just Phil and myself) work hard to keep the spam off the forum. Any one who wants to help - rule number 1: DON'T POST TO A SPAM THREAD, especially if it's already designated for removal. All that does is bounce it back to the top of the home page and causes us to have to post more and more. (LOL - and people wonder how we made it to Supernudist so quickly!)

Jen

This post was edited

Rock, it was a repeat message posted on EVERY thread on the forum for another website. That is spam of the most obnoxious kind. The profile has been flagged and reported for abuse and will probably be removed within the next 24 hours. Only one person has control of this site and that is TT1.

A repeat post could be an honest mistake. It could be because the computer didn't respond and therefore he/she hit the "post" button again. To me repeat posts are not a flagable offense. As besides, I quickly scroll past the duplicate post.

This message was just SPAM. Someone was trying to make a buck by wasting our timeselling a con game. I, for one, am thankful that Phil and Jen were watching the storewhile I was snuggled up in my bed being lazy.

So that's where you were! Didn't you hear the alarm ringing???? GET OUT OF BED! (lol, remind me of this the next time I sleep in)

Jen

This post was edited

the SPAM messages
Ooohh...
Be careful with that one.
When I wrote the Spam-O-Matic, Hormel's lawyers explained to me ALL about what is, what is not, and just who owns what as a trademark, and what damages could be extracted from whom. I think they were trained by verizon. ( lower case "v" to deliberately show contempt )
Obviously, they were right. I have *such* a hard time distinguishing between unwanted unsolicited e-mails, and a canned processed meat product.

This post was edited

Good to hear. I didn't realize that there are people that have some control of this site, besides the founder. Now, so that we all know......what is the spam that you are bumping. Example, A person who has a business and is a mmeber of TN and mentioning or advertising it here? A thought: Would a page, forum page be set up for Certified Nudists that do have a business where they could mention it?? Just an idea.
Phil and Jen, if I upset you or offended you, I apologize. Also to other members, I was not insinuating anything out of the ordinary in regard to what I wrote. When I read that JEN AND Phil cleaned up spam, I made the error of thinking they were given some control of the site. Maybe we can all clean up spam, but I am not aware of how to do it. It appears I have started the beginnings of a Hornet's nest, so again, I apologize to anyone I offended and was just making a comment. I hope this nips in the bud any questions that I was in some way commenting in a negative way what Phil and Jen were/are doing.
Rock, yours was a legitimate question,it also allowed an answer that others might need. I should also mention that as part of what we can do, when someone posts something that is a violation of TOS, the best thing to do is to go to the person's profile and flag the person and in the reason for flag, mention the violation.
Thomas

This post was edited

Thanks, everyone. Now..if I understand this.....I am on my 6'TH cup of coffee....so I am almost awake....LOL. I see a post on the frontpage that is without a doubt....SPAM.....I should write a reply to it and that gets it off the page?? Would that not keep it on the frontpage with the original owner's name and thread title. Sorry, Jen, Phil, and all the rest of you nice people...giving me a little information is a dangerous thing. Sometimes being in my warm dark cave....is a good thing.

This post was edited

Thanks, everyone. Now..if I understand this.....I am on my 6'TH cup of coffee....so I am almost awake....LOL. I see a post on the frontpage that is without a doubt....SPAM.....I should write a reply to it and that gets it off the page?? Would that not keep it on the frontpage with the original owner's name and thread title. Sorry, Jen, Phil, and all the rest of you nice people...giving me a little information is a dangerous thing. Sometimes being in my warm dark cave....is a good thing.
When you see a spam post, don't reply to it, the home page lists the most recent posts so a reply will keep it up front. Post on other good threads to move offending post off the home page.

This post was edited

When you see a spam post, don't reply to it, the home page lists the most recent posts so a reply will keep it up front. Post on other good threads to move offending post off the home page.
Well said Thomas!

This post was edited