Orient Land Trust

I'm convinced one of the great places to be naked in the world is Orient Land Trust. Primitive, which is not to everyone's taste, I suppose; but the scenery is gorgeous and the pools or wonderful. I don't live in Colorado any more, but Orient Land Trust is still a place I go back to whenever I can.
Who else has been up there? What would you like to say about the place?
There was a feature article on OLT in the last issue of N: Nude and Natural.
Badger

This topic was edited
RE: Orient Land Trust

I went there a couple of years ago by myself. I stayed in the upstairs of one of the buildings in a room that had a total of six beds. If i remember right it was clothing optional everywhere on the property and there were a few people there but it was not crowded at all. i recommend it but the only thing that is alittle weird is the urinals are right in front of the toilets so women can see you when your taking a leak. Its not bad just awkward.

This post was edited

This is by far the best place I've ever been. It is 'rustic' - No fancy hotel, no restaurant, lucky if you get a cell signal. But that's kinda the idea - to get away from 'life'.Valley View Hot Springs (Owned and operated by Orient Land Trust)is a rare jewel. You will meet a range of people from left over hippies to high end bankers, and have some very interesting conversations in the party pool and/or hot tub. (New hot tub being installed this year). The view out over the valley is magnificent. With little or no man-made light at night, and no polution, the sky becomes a deep field of velvet filled with stars. You can't beat it. I live about 1000 miles away now, but still try and get there every year or two.John

This post was edited

Where in CO is this place and does anyone have a link?

This post was edited

I am headed there in October for the first time. Wish I knew knew people to hang out with, as it is my first time to Colorado in general. I'm really excited to check it out, and will report back!

This post was edited

It is located on theeastern slope of the San Luis valley, near Villa Grove. The nearest city of any size is Salida. From Salida (Poncha Springs)take hwy 285 south to GG (also hwy 17 exit)(Just south of Villa Grove). GG will take you right up to the gate.https://www.olt.org/

This post was edited

bxchuck, you will make friends fast. Just introduce yourself.

This post was edited

Thanks, Cobeachbum! I hope so-- I try to be respectful of other people's privacy, but a friendly hello never goes amiss, I guess!

This post was edited

There are several common areas where converstation is expected - the main pool area including the small hot tub, the party pool (except first thing in the AM when people are hoping wildlife is about), the pavailion. Places where conversation is expected to be kept at a minimum are the top pools, and the outer ponds where people usually go for quite and solitude. If there on a summer weekend, there is liable to be a scheduled gathering w/potluck at the pavillion. There is also often a gathering of people at the Oak House in the evening for a musical jam session (There's a piano there).If you go during bat season, go on the trip to the bat cave. It's amazing how many bats come out of the mine. I have a video somewhere, I will try and get it posted on here.

This post was edited

I uploaded a video of the bats, and it was there (finished converting and everything), but it seems to have disappeared. Hopefully, it will show back up in a day or two.

This post was edited

This is such great info-- thanks so much for posting it, and I hope to see the video. I appreciate it, and am really looking forward to my visit there!

This post was edited