RE: Orient Land Trust

Video is up. Due to the conversion/compression on this site, the quality has suffered, but you will get the idea.John

This post was edited

That's a great video! It beats the heck out of the many videos on here of people taking a shower.
I have a fascination with bats and often try to visit with bats when I'm travelling. About five years ago I had a chance to be in the Languin Caves (Guatemala) at dusk as the bats were waking up around us and then exiting the cave. It was absolutely surreal to feel the the breeze created by the bats around me and to feel them swoop near my head on their way out of the cave. It was also noisier than you'd expect. Bats can be loud!
Orient Land Trust has been on my radar since I first heard of it a year or two ago so these postings are just adding fuel to the fire. I MUST get there. :-)

This post was edited

The video was taken many years ago with a SD video camera using cassette tape. The camera is capable of SD card, I just was too stupid to realize it would greatly extend the battery life, and wouldn't degrade over time. I have a HD camera now, so next time I am out there (Next summer,I hope), I will try and get a better video.John

This post was edited

Wondering if anyone else will be visiting early October... would love to meet someone who was!

This post was edited

Wondering if anyone else will be visiting early October... would love to meet someone who was!I would love to, but unfortunetly live too far away now. I am going to try an make it next summer.

This post was edited