How many of you have met in person?

I was sitting here trying to figure out how many people from here live somewhat close to me and it made me wonder how many people here have actually met in person. Where did you meet? Was it like seeing an old friend after many many years? Did you greet each other at the door nude or out in public at a restaraunt or something? I think it would be cool to hear about some first time meetings between people who met on this site. Are there any?

This topic was edited
RE: How many of you have met in person?

Oddly, the only TN members we've met, were 3000 miles away. Even though there are members near us, or at least within 80 miles, no one wants to get together. Cracks me up when one couple we tried to connect with, states on their profile they're thinking of leaving TN because they can't find anyone!
Well , thats mostly cause between the real person and the virtual person ( or avatare if you will) there are about 2 miles of copper cable, 2 modems , about 10 routers and 1 server
Sooooooo many real people who think they want to be social nudists, when the times come to make the first step ( or just take your pens offlol ) they get cold feet and understand that its not for them.
And that is ignoring all he fake ones. Ofcorce
I found out that there is one common for all social nudists (except for being nude):
TOTAL acceptance of their body.
That , is a very hard thing to accomplish for most people.
On another note:
I suggest some landed/no landed club. Much easier to find new friends there then on the net or in the beach.

This post was edited

I was sitting here trying to figure out how many people from here live somewhat close to me and it made me wonder how many people here have actually met in person. Where did you meet? Was it like seeing an old friend after many many years? Did you greet each other at the door nude or out in public at a restaraunt or something? I think it would be cool to hear about some first time meetings between people who met on this site. Are there any?
Dear friend.
I have alsoseen a post of yours suggesting a meeting between close to your area nudists.
Cool idea and I wish you good luck with that.
For SO MANY reasons I suggest when you get to meet someone, first time at a public place.
My first meeting with the no landed club I belong to was in a restaurant.
If they realy want to meet you and be friends with you , they wouldnt mind doing the first meeting clothed.
And if all one has in common is being a nudist well , its just like saying: hey! I have a car and a job! Lets be friends
Good luck with your search.
Regards.

This post was edited
RE: not yet

I agree that a first time meeting for me at least would be more comfortable in a public place. Im sure it would take some of the tension out of the meeting. But I was really just curious for the sake of being curious. I think it would be great to find a group of people relatively close to me to meet up with on occasion and hang out. But I would imagine the reality of it is that it will probably have to be at a resort or something. Either way I think its interesting to hear about others meeting for the first time.

This post was edited

Hey Blueiron,
We've met over a dozen people from this site IRL. From MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA, VA, NC, GA and a truly wonderful couple who have become close friends came to visit all the way from Cali...3000 miles away! (Can you guess who that might be?) I can honestly tell you that everyone we've had the honor of meeting in person have been terrific people and great fun. And were EXACTLY what we were expecting from our communications online. Last spring we drove down to Atlanta for an event on a shoe string budget. That trip was made financially possible by a really fun couple who hosted us overnight in their home in NC and a sweetheart of a single guy who hosted us in VA. What we saved on hotels those few nights also allowed us to spend our anniversary at Serendipity Park in GA. Which was really nice since we never actually had a honeymoon. We have plans to return the Cali visit next summer and are looking forward to having a couple from Australia come visit us as well.

Each situation for meeting has been different. About three weeks ago we spent a wonderful saturday hiking nude (Not nude for long though...it was cold, about 58 f) and taking pictures along the way with two great guys here in CT. We're hoping to throw a nude year's party with some of our more local TN friends (MA, CT, NY, NJ) and will let you know how our plans for that pan out. Others we've met at resorts or clubs (Sandy Terraces, Solair), Some we've met at a restaurant first and others right in their or our homes.

And there are so many more that we would love someday to have the opportunity to meet from SC, LA, TX, WA, England and Croatia, among other places. That is one of the many things that has made this site so great for us. Real people, true friends.

Jen

This post was edited

Thats great Jen. It has to be a cool feeling to meet in person with someone you have only seen on the screen. I guess thats what it was like for "pen pals" back before everything went all high tech. It would be cool if everyone here had met one other person/couple/group or whatever from the site. Because that person may have met a different person/couple fron the other side of the world. Kind of like that 7 degrees of separation stuff everyone jokes about. Kind of like when you find out your aunt was the babysitter of your best friends wife or something like that. You know what Im getting at. Lets find out just what a small world it really is!

This post was edited

Thats great Jen. It has to be a cool feeling to meet in person with someone you have only seen on the screen. I guess thats what it was like for "pen pals" back before everything went all high tech. It would be cool if everyone here had met one other person/couple/group or whatever from the site. Because that person may have met a different person/couple fron the other side of the world. Kind of like that 7 degrees of separation stuff everyone jokes about. Kind of like when you find out your aunt was the babysitter of your best friends wife or something like that. You know what Im getting at. Lets find out just what a small world it really is!
I have met a lot of people from here IRL. The first was a very nice lady who was in town near me on business and we met at a restaurant for lunch. I am hoping she will be able to meet one day at my favorite nude beach which she has been wanting to go to.
I later met some at a nude beach, one who had never been nude socially before. We had chatted many times in the chat room and it made her feel comfortable for her first time. Since then there have been a a lot more get togethers and have had more from here join us. The number has grown to twenty that I have met so far. The funniest is while at nude beach talking to one lady, I found out her parents were my neighbors and I saw them a lot between church and being on fundraiser committe together. So it really is a small world.
I have also met a lot of people at the nude beach that I became friends with, some which have since joined here.

Thomas

This post was edited

That aside, the Web provides a safety zone that keeps its denizens comfortably isolated in an increasingly cautious and untrusting world.
The experiences of our beloved sister Jen are enough to make anyone eager to unite with others from True Nudists. However, for the large majority of folks, it's one thing to suggest meeting with others that one has "met" on the Net, and quite another to do it face-to-face. There are the preconceptions that are formed of the person at the other end of the loop. "What if they're not what they seem to be on the Web? What if they don't like me?"

When we say in our profile, that we don't except people on our friends list, until we get to know them as friends, we really do go the extra mile to get to know them. Through having visits member to member, couple to couple, on skype, YIM, and getting to know them over time, people do eventually show their true colors. We've had a great deal of blessings with the people we've met here, friendly, real, and they don't AVOID opportunities to get to know us either when we leave the door open to do so. We generously hand out our YIM and skype addys, and those that do contact us, we get to know, and like any relationship, the more you get to know each other, the more you become friends. Ifyou don't take the opportunity offered and attempt to or continue to keep in contact without getting to know each other, fall off the planet, etc, then so be it. So it does work, and people have to make it work, and soon enough, the cyber personalities disappear, and the true personalities come forward. With this normal friendly growth, people WE meet are the people we've come to know as friends....from that point on, meeting, getting together, getting nude, doing nude activities are all just part of the nudist life that we all have in common...

S

This post was edited

This site is just a tool for nudists, if you use it correctly, and put some dedication to learning how to use it, you WILL get back what you put into it, and how you present yourself will attract those that have similar likes and dislikes, beliefs and attitudes. If you abuse the tool, you'll get hurt by it, or it'll break.

We always try to put out an upbeat but realistic view and that's what we get in return, people who share the same attributes. Come across asmean, beligerant, disrespectful, cynical, or cast false appearances, and people will run and flee, avoid you, andeventually oustyou as one of thosewho are socially unacceptable, just as is in ANY social setting, on line or in person.

So the lesson is to use this tool in a positive manner, master it, and masterpieces of relationships will grow, abuse it, break it, and the only one that will get hurt is you.

(This is a general statement, not directed towards any individual member, but will bother those, that haven't mastered the art of the site, first and foremost.)

S

This post was edited

My husband and I have met a few people who are members here on TN, though we met them before I joined TN. We've also met a few other people I've met on the Internet in real life. We always meet up at public places. It's easier that way. I don't hurry to want to meet people though. Only someone that has taken the time and put forth the effort to let us get to know each other through correspondence is going to have a chance at a face to face meeting. That's just the way it is. It has to feel safe.

This post was edited

I've had the reverse experience: of getting to know people at a nudist resort and then discovering that they are also members of this site! The world of naked folk is not quite so large after all ...

I think Little_Miss_Linda has good advice, though, when she suggests taking one's time and getting to know people well on line before rushing to meet them in person; and then to meet a person in a public place or at a resort or on a public nude beach: where the territory is comfortable. A person who's really a TrueNudist in the best sense will be looking out for the safety and comfort of all concerned.
NakedBadger

I agree with

This post was edited