Young Newcomer in DC

Hi guys!
Name's Brad and I'm a nudist in the Washington, DC area. I'm a full-time college student who shares a room with a fraternity brother of mine, so no privacy to really do my thing. I've been interested and intriguied by the lifestyle since I was roughly 8 or so, but I was raised by non-nudist parents. As a result, it was something I've always wanted to try, but never really got into.

I grew up San Diego, but I'll be going to school in DC for another two years or so. For this reason, I'm hoping to either get my own place at some point or be lucky enough to find somewhere to go and sort of get a proper start into the lifestyle.

Hope I get to meet the lot of you and become friends with many. Nice to meet you all!

This topic was edited
RE: Young Newcomer in DC

Welcome Brad! True Nudists is a great place to learn the ins and the outs of nudism. Become active and you will likely learn everything you need to know and then some.

This post was edited

Welcome Brad.
If there was ever a virtual place where you could feel at home its TN.
you can find here all that you need to know about the lifestyle and get confident enough to start your way into social nudism
have fun!

This post was edited

Hey Brad. Im a little new to this too and have found that this is the best sight on the net. The people here are great and are willing to answer any questions you may have. Start the certification process and come see what is in the VIP section here.

This post was edited

Hi guys! Name's Brad and I'm a nudist in the Washington, DC area. I'm a full-time college student who shares a room with a fraternity brother of mine, so no privacy to really do my thing. I've been interested and intriguied by the lifestyle since I was roughly 8 or so, but I was raised by non-nudist parents. As a result, it was something I've always wanted to try, but never really got into. I grew up San Diego, but I'll be going to school in DC for another two years or so. For this reason, I'm hoping to either get my own place at some point or be lucky enough to find somewhere to go and sort of get a proper start into the lifestyle. Hope I get to meet the lot of you and become friends with many. Nice to meet you all!
Hi Brad, Welcome to the site.
The first thing you need to do is get some content on your profile, you will NOT be well received, anywhere on this site, least of all in the chat with a blank profile. Doesn't have to be your life story, just something that at least gives the impression that you ARE interested in naturism, and not just here to perv. People looking at your profile, will -not- be able to find this post from there, so it would be better to put this info in the "About Me" section on your profile.

There is now a lot of info here on the forums, suggest you take a look at Nudrunr's contributions. He has done a fantastic job of documenting his journey into this life style, and a lot of his writings will be very helpful to newbies, in their efforts to understand where we are coming from. You can find them, learn your way around and get up to speed, if you click here.

WELCOME! ..... to TN :) :) :) .....START HERE!

This post was edited

Welcome, Brad, to the TrueNudists web site. You will find some grand people here.
George-of-WV suggested Avalon. That would be a good way to have a first experience in nudism. Avalon is open year around; however it would seem to me that roads in the area would be impassible during the worst of snowy weather.
A nude beach is another way, but you would have to wait until summer-like spring arrives. The nearest nude beach that I know of is Gunnison Beach; however it is quite a trip from DC. Gunnison Beach is in New Jersey and it is within Sandy Hook. I know of one fellow that drives the distance from Baltimore to Gunnison Beach.

This post was edited

Welcome.
Pay attention to Phil. He knows of which he speaks.
Don't worry about certification so much. It means very little in and of itself, unless you happen to be a young and attractive female, and then only because the majority of the fakes purport to be young and attractive females, and have the stolen vaginal photo to "prove" it.
Your conduct and demeanor will speak volumes, and LOUDLY. Being certified merely whispers. It's something, but hardly important.
If, ( and I stress *if* ) it has any value to you at all, it's self evident, so you need not be told, nor ask.
If it's not self-evident, then don't bother.
If it's a *need* then you've already screwed up pretty badly.

This post was edited

Welcome to the site. You have some options to enjoy nude socializing. Pomotac Rambling Bares is a good group of folk in your area. There is also MARNA that sponsors swims all year long. If you have some $ and time, you can always drive @ 2 hrs. to Avalon in Paw Paw, WV. The clubs I mentioned are all AANR affiliated.
As long as you're in school you can get an AANR card for $12.50 (till you are 25 yrs. of age).
Regards, Cheri

This post was edited