Cat Draggin'

For all of your amusements. I have posted four pictures of me attempting to train one of our cats to walk on a leash. Please enjoy the pictures and know that he was not harmed during the struggle. He is a stray that we took in a couple of years ago and like me, he has begun to display a paunch around the mid section. Therefore, I am trying to walk him with me, and hopefully both of us will see a reduction in belly. His name is spawn, he is about 3 years old and he is the softest cat I have ever seen. He has a wonderful home, is loved and fed well. He has a house mate named sofia who is an older tortoise shell cat. They sort of get along. Spawn spends most of his time on a comforter, at the foodbowl, at the litter box or in someone's lap.

Even though the pictures look like I am hurting him, he has a harness on and I am gentle with him. His paws get dirty from the gravel so we wash them after the walk.

In any case, enjoy. Walking a cat is like, well, walking a cat, dad (baredick on here) has had no end of enjoyment from watching me attempt to walk him. The cat actually does walk, but never the first quarter of the small circle that I use to walk him. He also took the pictures. Thanks to dad for his persistence in trying to show "skidmark's" skidmarks.

Happy Trails,
Jerry

This topic was edited
RE: Cat Draggin'

Hehehehe, ........I don't actually think this will have the desired affect! .....hehehe .....I think you may have more luck if you make sure that he's hungry and then carry him several hundred yards away from the house and let him RUN back! hehe, nice try though, it's good to see that you are concerned about his weight. :) ......ps. You might want to clip his claws first! .....OUCH! :)

This post was edited

Oh, that poor thing. Don't you know that cats are not property? They're citizens. Dogs are property, and as such, can be made to suffer the leash. Cats... well, a cat on a leash just ain't natural!

This post was edited

I posted a couple more pictures to prove just how horrible and rough his life is. Poor guy, just has a dog's life. That must really suck since he's a cat!
lol
Happy skidmarks and trails,
Jerry

This post was edited

lmao! That's too funny, you trying to walk your cat reminds me of a friend who tried to litter box train his dog. Needless to say it didn't work out either. ;)

But have you tried to use one of those leashes that extends on it's own, one that has a loooong lead? That way it would give him the illusion that he has his freedom. Hehe...anyways, best of luck mate, cat's are stubborn, which is why I prefer dogs. lol

This post was edited

He's probably just having a silent protest, cos you haven't joined the Pussy Cat Club!

This post was edited

For all of your amusements. I have posted four pictures of me attempting to train one of our cats to walk on a leash. Please enjoy the pictures and know that he was not harmed during the struggle. He is a stray that we took in a couple of years ago and like me, he has begun to display a paunch around the mid section. Therefore, I am trying to walk him with me, and hopefully both of us will see a reduction in belly. His name is spawn, he is about 3 years old and he is the softest cat I have ever seen. He has a wonderful home, is loved and fed well. He has a house mate named sofia who is an older tortoise shell cat. They sort of get along. Spawn spends most of his time on a comforter, at the foodbowl, at the litter box or in someone's lap. Even though the pictures look like I am hurting him, he has a harness on and I am gentle with him. His paws get dirty from the gravel so we wash them after the walk. In any case, enjoy. Walking a cat is like, well, walking a cat, dad (baredick on here) has had no end of enjoyment from watching me attempt to walk him. The cat actually does walk, but never the first quarter of the small circle that I use to walk him. He also took the pictures. Thanks to dad for his persistence in trying to show "skidmark's" skidmarks. Happy Trails, Jerry

How about a follow up story?

This post was edited