Looks like I made a new friend (Not) No. 2

OK, I tried to make a friend of a fellow TN Member, like, I presume, you're supposed to. Admittedly, I never even saw his request for no Friendship Requests from single males and I now have no way of checking how predominant that notice (I nearly wrote "warning", but why should it be so unfriendly as to be called a warning?) as this Member (I'm not naming and shaming here... yet) has blocked me. Fair enough. But my "problem" (though I'll get over it, this is only the Internet...) is that he followed up by sending me an abusive PM, telling me to go forth and multiply (but in not so many words...). Not seeing any other way, I rashly reported the message as Spam and it has now disappeared from my In Box. Ho hum... Is there any other way to report this "ungentlemanly" behaviour. Yes, I'm a single male and this Member may not wish to be befriended by me, but that does not excuse abusive PMs. Any advice?

This topic was edited
RE: Looks like I made a new friend (Not) No. 2

Best advice is block them and move on, There is already too much angst in the world already.

This post was edited

Chalk it up as a learning experience and hopefully you'll be able to avoid those types of people in the future. It is a shame that some folks just cannot be socially polite.

This post was edited

Not to excuse rudeness on anyone's part, but:
The main reason single males are in such ill repute is that they are often almost exclusively visually oriented, responding to pictures and not to words; people who are totally over the nakedness thing find this a bit tedious. (And, of course, to the extent that the visual orientation is sexual, more than a bit tedious.) If you are initiating a friendship with someone who has troubled to enter profile text - as you have not - read that text! Had you done so in this case, there would have been no incident.

This post was edited

Not to excuse rudeness on anyone's part, but:The main reason single males are in such ill repute is that they are often almost exclusively visually oriented, responding to pictures and not to words; people who are totally over the nakedness thing find this a bit tedious. (And, of course, to the extent that the visual orientation is sexual, more than a bit tedious.) If you are initiating a friendship with someone who has troubled to enter profile text - as you have not - read that text! Had you done so in this case, there would have been no incident.Sorry but I fully admit I never even saw the text (and can't confirm whether it was prominent enough now that I have been blocked). So are you saying that that then justifies this Member telling me to f**k off in a PM? A simple "No thank you" would have sufficed!
By the way, I may not have written enough text for you (I'm certainly not telling everyone my Income Level, thank you very much) but you can hardly deny that my photos show that I am a nudist of ill repute. And I am not going to write up that I don't want Friendship Requests from 99% of the population! Did you get down to my Interests. Movies, etc?
And don't worry, I've got over the rejection. I just don't think that people like that should think that they can get away with behaviour like that.

This post was edited

I never make a friends request unless I've chatted to somone in the chatroom, or had some sort of contact through posting on the board.
Our profile states that we wont accept random requests just to get our numbers up.
At the last count we have 107 friends requests pending, I've no idea why they were sent as I know nothing about any of them.
My advice to make real friends, talk to them, don't just send a request, and read everything on their profile first.

This post was edited

Why would anyone send a friend request to a complete stranger?

This post was edited

This is my fortnightly appearance on this site. I used to come here every day. Too many uptight jerks. You aren't missing anything by not dealing with this person again. Do they have anything else to say? I doubt it. They have no right swearing at you.Thank you. I think you're the only person to get my point. How many times have I said I can get over the "rejection"?Of course, not every Friendship Request is successful, for whatever reason and many of you have given perfectly acceptable reasons why you chose not to accept certain Friendship Requests. On the other hand, most of us are strangers to each other and nudism is what we share. Can't this and a friendship be built on as we get to know each other?The point I am trying to make quite simplyis that, whatever the reason for not accepting my Friendship Request, I think I have a right not to expect to be told to "F**k off".

This post was edited

Courtesy and manners are a 2 way street. I do wish some people would have more complete profiles so we can get some insight into them. I would also appreciate if someone were to read a profile if the member has taken the time to fill one in.

This post was edited

Courtesy and manners are a 2 way street. I do wish some people would have more complete profiles so we can get some insight into them. I would also appreciate if someone were to read a profile if the member has taken the time to fill one in.So, my choice not to tell the world everything about me (including my salary) justifies an abusive message? Thank you for encouraging me to be a bully in return. How far do you think I will get if I put a statement on on my profile saying that I don't want Friendship Requests from men who commit illegal acts of nudity in public with intent to cause a breach of the peace...? How far do you think I would get if I expressed the belief that Americans believe they are the only people who are right. Exactly, they are sweeping generalisations that don't warrant support and are something I would never say. Courtesy and manners are indeed a two-way street...

This post was edited

Why would anyone send a friend request to a complete stranger?Oh now I know why. I never checked before. If they are on my friends list they can see MORE naked pictures.

This post was edited