RE: Looks like I made a new friend (Not) No. 2

Gosh, this place is full of brown-nosing arrogant people who think that only they are right. Not at all the live-and-let-live attitude I have come to experience and enjoy in real life on the European continent. I fear for the cyper-nudist-world. I can't believe a website that so contradicts the phrase "Friend Request". Nudists are supposed to be friendly amd welcoming. The real world with real people is far better. Don't get me wrong, there are some good people out there and I will hang on until this site annoys so many people it disappears up its own orifice. Nothing can justify arrogant, abusive behaviour. It is so self-destroying. But I'm probably conceived as wrong...

This post was edited

Paul, I agree. I have met far more friendlier people in real life at resorts than, with very few exceptions, I have ever met on line. I guess it is easier to be rude when you are hiding behind a screen name. Now back to the original topic... Take the internet for what it is worth. If you send out a friend request here, never expect it to be answered. If by some chance it is, that is probably a friend worth having. The exception is... what I call "friend collectors". These are people who somehow think the number of friends they have will boost their status somehow.

This post was edited

Gosh, this place is full of brown-nosing arrogant people who think that only they are right. Not at all the live-and-let-live attitude I have come to experience and enjoy in real life on the European continent. I fear for the cyper-nudist-world. I can't believe a website that so contradicts the phrase "Friend Request". Nudists are supposed to be friendly amd welcoming. The real world with real people is far better. Don't get me wrong, there are some good people out there and I will hang on until this site annoys so many people it disappears up its own orifice. Nothing can justify arrogant, abusive behaviour. It is so self-destroying. But I'm probably conceived as wrong..."The real world with real people is far better."
In the real world it is not a good idea to walk up to a complete stranger and ask them to be your friend.

This post was edited

OK, I tried to make a friend of a fellow TN Member, like, I presume, you're supposed to.No. It's not a mandatory requirement, only if you want to....this Member may not wish to be befriended by me, but that does not excuse abusive PMs. Any advice?Posts #2, #3, #6 sums it up....So are you saying that that then justifies this Member telling me to f**k off in a PM?No, I don't think you deserve that....I just don't think that people like that should think that they can get away with behaviour like that.The problem is, he did and you're offended that he did. It was so bad that you created and dedicated a thread on that one incident about that one member.
Look, you have 455 friends according to your profile. There's got to be something good about those 455. Is there something inspiring about one of your friends?...I think I have a right not to expect to be told to "F**k off"What you expect from other people and what you might get from them are two entirely different things. Your experience proves it.On the other hand, most of us are strangers to each other and nudism is what we share. Can't this and a friendship be built on as we get to know each other?Sure, a lot of people would like that.Nudists are supposed to be friendly amd welcoming.Yes, but nudists are also realistic. When it comes to the internet, there are good and bad elements mixed into it. You need to sort them out. Sometimes during the sort, you'll meet the good ones with the bad ones.
Just because somebody is naked, typing in front of a computer, signed/registered to this website, does not automatically make them true or nudist(s), friendly or welcoming, courteous or well mannered.
I guess you had to learn that the hard way.

This post was edited

Something to keep in mind: When you reject a friend request, the requester gets no message. It's likely that someone who has sent a blind friend request has sent lots of them, and is not keeping track. Reject away, as you like - it takes just a second, and you are offending no one. Specifying who you want requests from, let alone telling off someone who has sent a request in violation of your preferences, is a waste of energy and a piece of needless negativity.
It sometimes happens that the same person will send a friend request more than once, likely by accident or maybe on purpose - that's the only time I can imagine when active pushback is in order.

This post was edited

I just confirm and then ignore. No fuss no muss.

This post was edited

If you want to compare this to a real world nudist resort. Imagine a couple trying to enjoy their day, poolside in a couple of lounges, and there is 500 single males lined up hoping to get a look at the wife. Maybe there are a few guys in that line who might make good friends, but most just want to perv at the wife. Ya think the couple might be getting tired of the barrage of single males? We've had probably over a thousand friend requests from single males. The ones we friend, are the ones we've gotten to know in chat or the forums over the course of weeks or even months. Just like a real world friendship.I'm gay... But also a successful past member of a landed nudist club (I ended up not moving down to that neck of the woods). Lots of naked husbands and wives, singletons, straights, gays, etc. With our clothes off you try and strike up a friendship to find out of the person, whoever they are, is worth getting to know or not. Not much trouble at all (sorry to disappoint) but lots of laughs. Entertained with my singing as an award-winning amateur performer and actor. I won't write everything here but bother to get to know me and you might find things out, rather like anybody else and rather than being rude.
Having been busy elsewhere (rehearsals and programme editing) I have left this thread for a while. It is indeed eclectic, but I am pleased to see a few more people getting my point instead of being rather negative and accusative. Has anyone notoced that this is called No. 2. That's a hint that I'm not the first one to feel this way.

This post was edited

• I just confirm and then ignore. No fuss no muss.
    • good one Thomas, I have very few friends who chat with me

This post was edited

I think what turns a lot of people off accepting friends on here is more of a lack of or no communication prior to a friends request.
I single males sends a friends request, no cover message, no introduction as to who and why they want to be friends and to cap it off no profile info.
Also many start off accepting requesting friendship requests, get burnt by the picture and sexual relationship and then limit who they will accept as friends..
It only needs one rotten egg in the basket to make all the others suspect. Same here on TN. Plus in the textile world we pick and chose our friends (ie. Facebook). So why can't we pick and choose our friends or associates on here.

This post was edited

Hey Ruhl...you might get more friends here if you have a picture where you are smiling :-)
Just a suggestion.

This post was edited