another teacher forced to resign over nude photos online

a teacher in pennsylvania is being forced to resign after nude photos were found online and uploaded to students cellphones. my question why are teachers, police officers and firefighters held to a higher standard than are elected officals who are corrupted and how many have have questionable sexual escapades.

This topic was edited
RE: another teacher forced to resign over nude photos online

this is SO wrong, the same situation that military members are subjected to. always held to a "higher standard" without the actual directions of the standards being mentioned. The rules are made up by those who have sunday school ideals and expect others to believe the same tripe!

This post was edited

I'd call it a different standard, not a higher one.
Teachers I can almost understand. Fire and cops, not at all.

This post was edited

Can somebody post a link to the news article
Put this into google

"teacher pennsylvania resign nude photos"

and you'll get 19,400 of them.

This post was edited

Here is my rant for the day. Would the teacher still be in trouble if someone had broken into her house and taken pics of her from her husbands dresser? How about if they peeked in the window and took pics of her in the shower? Or maybe the gym locker room? Those were her personal pictures, she did not distribute them, they were stolen. If it had been a wallet that was found and a credit card stolen would the student not be facing charges right now? The pics were personal info stolen out of a "file" in the phone and distributed. The little bastard that passed the pics around should have to face some consequences. While I feel that having them on a cell phone was not a good idea, it does not change the fact that they were taken and handed out, so to speak, without her permission. Where exactly does the line get drawn between personal and professional. If the principal of a school is discovered to have a subscription to hustler does that mean he is a pervert and should not be allowed to be in a school? If a teacher is an avid hunter and can kill an animal from 300 yards with a camel on his back does that mean he is a psycho and should not be allowed in a school? If a teacher is single, man or woman, and loses their wallet at school, it is found and has a condom in it. Does that mean they are not the kind of person we want teaching our kids just because he or she is sexually active? They are engaging in pre-marital sex. How long until that is enough to fire someone over? Will the teacher be blamed for bringing a condom to school in their wallet? Maybe that is not a good example but you know where Im going with it. I have some very strong opinions about where blame falls sometimes. I will do a seperate post for it. This ladys privacy was violated by a kid who knew exactly what they were doing and yet the teacher will be the one to suffer. What a shame that we as a country look to lay the blame on everyone else when we feel uncomfortable.

This post was edited

a teacher in pennsylvania is being forced to resign after nude photos were found online and uploaded to students cellphones. my question why are teachers, police officers and firefighters held to a higher standard than are elected officals who are corrupted and how many have have questionable sexual escapades.
I can see where some professions are held to higher standards, that is part of their professional ethics. Howevere the standard shoud apply to what their job is. Obvioulsly if a law enforcement officer uses his position misuses his athority to gain personally they should be judges more harshly is an example. I can't understand how voters will re-elect someone who is under investigation for criminal activity. The worst is seeing someone reelected repeatedly after he ran his car off the road into a river while drunk and his mistress drowned because he ran away.

This post was edited

Here is my rant for the day. Would the teacher still be in trouble if someone had broken into her house and taken pics of her from her husbands dresser? How about if they peeked in the window and took pics of her in the shower? Or maybe the gym locker room? Those were her personal pictures, she did not distribute them, they were stolen. If it had been a wallet that was found and a credit card stolen would the student not be facing charges right now? The pics were personal info stolen out of a "file" in the phone and distributed. The little bastard that passed the pics around should have to face some consequences. While I feel that having them on a cell phone was not a good idea, it does not change the fact that they were taken and handed out, so to speak, without her permission. Where exactly does the line get drawn between personal and professional. If the principal of a school is discovered to have a subscription to hustler does that mean he is a pervert and should not be allowed to be in a school? If a teacher is an avid hunter and can kill an animal from 300 yards with a camel on his back does that mean he is a psycho and should not be allowed in a school? If a teacher is single, man or woman, and loses their wallet at school, it is found and has a condom in it. Does that mean they are not the kind of person we want teaching our kids just because he or she is sexually active? They are engaging in pre-marital sex. How long until that is enough to fire someone over? Will the teacher be blamed for bringing a condom to school in their wallet? Maybe that is not a good example but you know where Im going with it. I have some very strong opinions about where blame falls sometimes. I will do a seperate post for it. This ladys privacy was violated by a kid who knew exactly what they were doing and yet the teacher will be the one to suffer. What a shame that we as a country look to lay the blame on everyone else when we feel uncomfortable.
I checked out the news story and I agree. The picture was stolen, she didn't give it out. The person who stole it should be the one in trouble.

This post was edited

My earlier response was about whether teachers should be held to a higher standard, which I believe we should, but all teachers know the standard going in. It's not a secret.

Now...what is totally wrong is this aide being asked to resign over a stolen photo from her phone, and the student who stole it should be severely disciplined. However, if it had been me, I probably would have resigned, because I would not have been able to be effective in the job after that.

This post was edited

I dont think anyone is agreeing with textile society that nudity is wrong. I am simply saying that in todays world where nudity = trouble for some, that we should be careful about how we are seen nude. I think we should not have to be afraid that a nude picture will get us fired, get us demoted, harassed or exorcised from the public eye. But the reality is that until things change we are forced to live within the boundaries set by society if not for the legal reasons, then out of respect for those who have different views on nudity. I think it is all together wrong that a picture is enough to stir up this kind of trouble. But I am especially upset that a stolen picture, spread around without the consent of the person in the picture can cause that said person to be in trouble. She was not flaunting her nudity, she was not disrespectful of those who are offended by nudity, this was done by someone else and yet the victim will again pay the price.

This post was edited

Normally, I'd trim a bit more, but I'm gonna disagree with certain parts of this in context.....
So let me get this straight. We as nudists are agreeing with the textile world that nudity is wrong is certain situations???
YES !! Emphatically, absolutely !!
Just as a male should never enter synagogue with his head uncovered, nor a woman a mosque, militant "in your face" nudism is also very, very wrong !! So is insistently remaining clothed at a nudist ( not clothing optional ) venue, though too many "nudists" do so in my experience.
I thought the whole philosophy of nudism was to promote the fact that there is nothing wrong with nudity?
Social nudism, yes. Nudism in general, no. Time and place.
A true nudist understands the nudist philosophy and never feels shame, no matter what the case.
No.
Even a true nudist should feel shame being nude in a textile venue. Not at being nude, but at being SO out of place, in a situation where he/she should have known better. Shame over the extreme poor judgment, not over being unclothed.
If you were at a nudist resort, would you care if someone else's kids saw you nude? No. Why does this apply strictly to nudists? This is the whole problem with the world, turning nudity into something bad. If we didn't demonize nudity and accepted it as a normal, healthy way of life, then all these other people wouldn't give two hoots if their teacher was naked.
With that much, we are in total agreement, but such is not the case.
That should go for politicians, cops or the Queen of England.
I can assure you, Lizzy ( don't YOU ever call her that !!! ) would still be offended, and out of deference to her office ( if not her person ) you and I should respect that, by right of birth ! Time, and place.
It's a shame to think that this world has not evolved enough yet to think that the nude body is something that should not be hidden.
And yet again, we agree !
I agree, if someone stole someone else's pictures, that is wrong. But on the other hand, if nudity was accepted by everyone, then there wouldn't have been a reason to steal the pics in the first place. It's also the same reason you have your weirdos on this site joining to get their thrills.
TRUE ! And when *I* become supreme ruler of the world..... but I digress....
Shame on anyone who agrees with this teacher being in the wrong.
While I'd be surprised that anyone on THIS forum would agree that the teacher was wrong, it's also true that she knew the rules going in. She knew what the potential consequences could be, right OR wrong !
What is wrong are the people getting their thrills over a nude body. That is the real crime and a shame. True nudist kids wouldn't give a damn if they saw their teacher nude, because they don't see nudism as some thrill or something naughty. For them it's normal, and that's the way it should be.
True, and again we agree.

This post was edited

So let me get this straight. We as nudists are agreeing with the textile world that nudity is wrong is certain situations??? I thought the whole philosophy of nudism was to promote the fact that there is nothing wrong with nudity? A true nudist understands the nudist philosophy and never feels shame, no matter what the case. If you were at a nudist resort, would you care if someone else's kids saw you nude? No.
I think the thing is, on here, we're living what we believe in a world the way we want it to be. Out in the textile world, there's a different reality. Sadly, except for the fortunate few who can live in a nudist environment, we have to fit into that world. :(
And, you're right...at the resort, I am nude around others' grandkids and children all the time, as they're part of that world with us. Shame doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the practicality.
Gator1

This post was edited