Women in the TN Chatroom

I posted a bulletin, but it was suggested to me that I put this in a forum. So here goes.
My wife joined me the other night in the chat room (a rare occurrence), with our cam on. What happened made me realize why more women may not want to participate in the chat room with an open cam. We were inundated by private messages. So many that we could not possibly keep up with them all. Also, it was impossible to track who was watching us. If this is the type of experience many women have in the chat room, I am no longer surprised why the chat room is primarily populated by men.
Guys, here's a suggestion, and ladies I would love to hear your comments too, ASK before you private chat someone or watch their cam. Amazing what a little civility might accomplish here.

This topic was edited
RE: Women in the TN Chatroom

If anything, the new room, with its private chat and one-click whispers, will make it easier to bother (harass?) other users, especially women. I suppose there is an ideal software somwhere, but this is not it. On the other hand, a dose of civility, courtesy and common sense would cure the ills as well.

This post was edited

ASK before you private chat someone or watch their cam. Amazing what a little civility might accomplish here.

I think it ought to be an added rule to the chat room. Get permission before private chatting anyone. The one click private chat didn't exist at the time that today's chat room rules were established.

This post was edited

the cam issue is a pain if you dont know who is watching.

You can easily find out who is watching. Click "Who is watching" under your picture.

This post was edited

Very well said, JohnTN. While the new private message box is a great novelty, it gets old fast. Unless it's from someone I already know, I just ignore it, x out of it. And when it gets out of hand I make an announcement to the room in general that I am NOT accepting private messages. And if the same person(s) continue to private message me after being told no...then my only recourse will be to flag that person(s) for harrassment.

As far as seeing who is viewing one's cam, you can still see that by clicking on the box under your video feed that says "who is viewing my cam". Not quite as easy as it once was, but you can still see who is viewing.

The new chat room has different features than the old one. I'm hoping that once the novelty wears off, things will calm down a bit. I love your suggestion of people asking before they send the private messages.

Jen

This post was edited

I do not have a cam and probably wont get one due to instances like this. When I attempt to keep up in the chat room I try to make it a rule to only click on someones cam if they ask me to. I feel that is only polite if not just plain correct. I guess if the viewers were restricted then it would kind of defeat the purpose of nudism, but at the same time the ones who are causing the problem obviously are just here to gauk and perv. I say kick them out of chat after the first instance of harassment. Get em out of here.

This post was edited

Nobody has asked for my permission to view my cam. That doesn't bother me. I bring this up to say that isn't being done.

This post was edited

Issues as this - the reason I won't use a cam.
Cheri

This post was edited