DON'T REPLY TO: spam

Someone here is clearly using the site to spam. Don't buy into it. Don't even reply to the threads. Let's make sure they die a quiet, if slow, death.

IF YOU MUST POST TO SAY YOU'VE FLAGGED IT, DO IT HERE, NOT UNDER THE SPAM THREADS.This way, the message will get the bumps it needs to stay prominent.

Flags to the ready...

EDIT: As of June 12, 2010, the latest concerns ED remedies. Do not reply to it. Let the spammer speak to no one but himself.

This topic was edited
RE: DON'T REPLY TO: spam

bump

This post was edited

bump

Good idea

This post was edited

Someone here is clearly using the site to spam. Don't buy into it. Don't even reply to the threads. Let's make sure they die a quiet, if slow, death. IF YOU MUST POST TO SAY YOU'VE FLAGGED IT, DO IT HERE, NOT UNDER THE SPAM THREADS.This way, the message will get the bumps it needs to stay prominent. Flags to the ready...

Something else to keep in mind....when you respond to a spam message to say that you've flagged it...all that does is serve to keep the spam on the front page. DO NOT RESPOND TO SPAM THREADS. PERIOD.

Thanks Gerry!

Jen

This post was edited

Thanks Jen. That's what I wanted to convey, and in my haste to get the rest of the information out, I forgot that one, tiny, yet SO IMPORTANT piece of information.

This post was edited

Someone here is clearly using the site to spam. Don't buy into it. Don't even reply to the threads. Let's make sure they die a quiet, if slow, death. IF YOU MUST POST TO SAY YOU'VE FLAGGED IT, DO IT HERE, NOT UNDER THE SPAM THREADS.This way, the message will get the bumps it needs to stay prominent. Flags to the ready...

A very correct and salient point Gerry - I hold my hand up to responding to one of them - albeit I got it when it had just been posted and was still top of the 'latest' list - so no bump but nevertheless possibly encouraged others to jump in later so Mea Culpa.

Now - if we could just apply the same policy to the assorted troll threads, sexual rant threads, hyper defensive thelogical threads and impotent moaning and whining threads we just might get somewhere.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

and re-bump

This post was edited

and re-re-bump

This post was edited

Just a reminder everyone

This post was edited

In the case of the forum, "spamming" is when some one floods the forum with advertising posts. Promoting or advertising is not allowed on the forum and is a bannable offense.

This post was edited

I see they're back on the front page, so re-bump.

This post was edited