A Band-Aid for smart phones

A Band-Aid for smart phones

Frist off I would like to say hello to the group as this is
my first post.

As we all know when it comes to smart devices with cameras.

There are two camps one.
They should not be used at nudist activates at all.

And two I should be able to carry it were ever I go.

As I see it the main concern is not the devices them selfs.
Its the built in cameras.

I think I may have come up with a solution. You know throes
little Band-Aids, that are all ways found in the bottom of the can, too small
for much of anything.

Turns out they are just the thing for covering camera lenses
the gauze wont scratch lens.

I tried this on my Kendal Fire and it worked well. Think of it like carrying a towel, etiquette/
common courtesy.

If we take the cameras out of the equation there would be
nothing to worry about these devices.

So what do you think?

This topic was edited
RE: A Band-Aid for smart phones

Seems like a good suggestion. Simply a courtesy to others allowing others to be comfortable.

This post was edited

I've used the little round ones over the camera on my iPad at different C/O resorts. Unlike just using something like duct tape, you don't have any tape directly touching the lens, so bandaids are perfect.

This post was edited

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. ^^

This post was edited
RE:A Band-Aid for smart phones

Sounds useful. No duct tape residue.

This post was edited

My x wife was reading her kindle fire pool side and some one had a shit fit. I had a hell of a time convincing them it had no camera.

This post was edited

You're missing the point of why younger people of the digital generation want their cell phones AND the cams in them. They live online, and enjoy documenting their lives and activities on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MeWe, etc. No cam, no attendance. It doesn't mean they're going to be sneaking photos of people, but they want to document their own lives, and what they're doing.

Agree completely!

Like the member above, some older nudists are either tech inept or go out of their way to denounce all use of technology in a ever changing world. The "good ol' days" are no longer here and will never return some older people need to get over it. If this lifestyle is to survive, we need to get past many of the out of date rules and older nudists need to truly come to grips with the fact that these younger people and many older people, don't want pictures of naked 60 something nudists for any reason.

What is funny is that, at our club when you check in, there are orange stickers provided for cell phones, tablets and laptops. They are intended to be used to cover your camera lens on these devices. NO ONE takes them and NO ONE uses them. The issue that gets people angry is that, adjacent to the pool deck is the rec center with patio tables and chairs. Many of the residents come to this area and use the club WiFi. They are never hassled about covering their laptops, tablets and cell phones because "they aren't on the pool deck," but they have a clear view of the entire pool deck and could be taking pictures from there.

There are rules for some and no rules for others. There are rules some have to adhere to when others do not. Get rid of the old, out dated, archaic rules and change with the times or this lifestyle dies with all of those that continue to hang on to these dumb rules.

This post was edited

I agree with AndyDi completely. I've not been to a place yet that requires stickers or tape over the camera of a cell phone or tablet. They do say they shouldn't be used but that's a rule that is pretty much ignored by the vast majority of people - myself included. What I see most of the time are people using their devices with them lying flat on a table or up against their legs. I've never felt like I was getting photographed - maybe I'm not photo worthy though - and after my first time with my cell phone there, I never worried about it. But we the nudist community need to get real and repeal all those rules that outlaw the devices totally or require us to place sticky stuff over our lenses. What we need are people who will not be afraid of calling attention to those who are unwisely using the camera function to record others. Just alert management and that should take care of it. A warning for the first time and then out they go with maybe a ban of at least a couple of months before they are allowed back. Any repeat after that and admittance would be permantly banned.

?????

This post was edited

You're missing the point of why younger people of the digital generation want their cell phones AND the cams in them.I agree with some of what said. I do enjoy having my cellphone with me to text or just listen to music if Im relaxing. I like to take photos of myself when Im doing nudist activities in which I post on here. As you can see from my pictures mine are often selfies of me, it is often just a way to keep the memory alive. Also this is my only form of social media I dont go posting my naked photo on Facebook or others lol.I have no interest In taking pictures of others and if I did I would ask permission for them to be in my photo.I would be upset if I was forced to leave myPhone or unable to take photos. But rules are rules.

Agree to all of that. Today the phone is just part of our life and I also do take pics to keep the memory alive. And I often do take pics of the area I am in so I can share it with other nudists. I do never do close ups so you would never identify anybody in the pics.

This post was edited

I've kept my phone in my truck when visiting resorts - just to avoid any issues. It would be nice to have my phone, but I'm not tethered to it like the younger generations, so it's much easier for me.

I agree with updating policies for staying connected, especially for the "full-time" resortist & younger peeps!

This post was edited

Well put!!

This post was edited