Feeling Comfortable

I searched the past topics hoping to find I was not the only one who is dealing with this but alas I am the only one. Ever since the first time I was nude I have noticed that it is more comfortable for me to be nude around people I have never met rather than around friends. I guess it has to do with the possibility of never seeing strangers again, or knowing that they may be feeling a little self conscious (is that how you spell that) too. My friends on the other hand will see me all the time. I know it sounds strange but I could walk through a department store and never even think about the fact that I was nude. I go skinny dipping with friends and I cant help but be very aware of the fact that Im nude. While sitting here thinking about it I came to the realization that it could be my mind reminding me of what textile society thinks and making me feel like it is wrong. I dont think it is wrong but maybe it is reminders of my upbringing when the parents used to say "shut the door when your in the shower, we have company" or "put your swim trunks back on before someone sees you". Am I just crazy or is this a factor for anyone else. You would think it would be the other way around, but I guess my friends opinions are more important to me than strangers and since they are not all comfortable with being nude all the time I guess it makes me more aware when I am. I dont think I have worded this exactly the way I feel but maybe you get the drift of what Im trying to say. Has anyone else ever dealt with this issue?

This topic was edited
RE: Feeling Comfortable

I can certainlyempathizewith you. In the past that was never a worry for me as myfriendsall knew and I had no problem being nude in front of those who had noobjectionto it. Now, having been in the closet so to speak for a while and having a new set of friends withdifferentoutlooks I worry about what they will think. I guess this is just humannature as I definitely would not have a problem in front of strangers or new friends. There are some with whom I would have nohesitation but others with whom I don't think it would be viable. I think the only way to handle it would be on acasebycaseorpersonby person level. You know your friends, their attitudes and probable reactions so all I can say is listen to your gut and decide accordingly.
Jack

This post was edited

I totally understand what you go thru
It is reason, no other that makes you feel that way.
A stranger is a stranger and another nudist is just another nudist the first one you dont care what he thinks and the second will never judge you but when it comes for the ones whom you interact with on daily basis you may take the chance of getting in trouble or be judged and thats what bothers you.
Nothing wrong with that , just mean your brain is doing its job.

This post was edited
Know what you mean

I think it's because we are with people that we know do ont have a problem with nudity & everyone esle is nude too at the same time.

This post was edited
Know what you mean

I think it's because we are with people that we know do ont have a problem with nudity & everyone esle is nude too at the same time.

This post was edited
Know what you mean

This post was edited
RE: Know what you mean

over the years i have run into friends and co-workers at nudist clubs and beaches, it felt akwards for only a second because they were nude to, one was a good freind and co-worker that finally got his wife to go and we ran into each other at a nudist gathering he invited me to dinner at their camp site and his wife seemed to be the most uncomfortable but after a short time she relaxed and we all had a good dinner and conversation while being nude. being retired i run into them only occasionally now but its no big deal andwe usually chat about where we have been lately.

This post was edited
Feeling Comfortable

I do not have a problem being nude when Im with my nudist friends weather they are nude or not. Being nude with friends who are not nudists is out of the question under normal circumstances, but I really cant think of an occasion where that would be possible. Being nude with strangers, such as at a nudist resort, weather they are dressed or not is also not a problem. Being nude with strangers, such as at a public beach, might be a problem especially if they are dressed. To them, am I just another beach goer, the object of their curiosity, or a perverse thrill to fulfill their weird fantasies? I find that I can be most relaxed and enjoy the experience most with my nudist friends regardless of who is wearing what.

This post was edited

I was not uncomfortable during my first visit to a nudist resort.During the drive to the resort I was unsure whetherI would have the nerve to go thru with the visit.Once I got checked in,and got my clothes off,I was totally comfortable.

This post was edited

Usually not uncomfortable nude, however when textiles with children are in sight, I do feel quiet uncomfortable nude and relocate to more unopposed surrounds.

This post was edited

Usually not uncomfortable nude, however when textiles with children are in sight, I do feel quiet uncomfortable nude and relocate to more unopposed surrounds.
I tend to do the same if not in a clothing-optional area. In unofficial areas its a judgement call dependingbon the location, the people, etc. On the few occasions kids are nude (official area or not), its nice to just see them enjoying themselves. Used to be a lot more common than now

This post was edited