RE: Home Laser Hair Removal

Lasering update,Its time for my next Laser session no.4, but there is very little regrowth if any at all in some areas.One more time should do the trick.Just done my 4th lasering.I got fare skin with fare hair.I have it on setting 5 of 5, then use a GOOD moisturiser after. (aloe Vera or essential oils).If your skin is darker, I suggest start on 2 or 3 of 5 and see how it goes.I get some mild rednass for 2 days, but all good after.The darker the skin, the more it will cook it.Enjoy.

This post was edited

Not much to report on the Smooth Front or Back side either.Had a shave the other day BUT not really required.
Very little regrowth and I've packed the Laser gun away for a while.
Very Happy with results.
Smooth Naked Hugs and cheers to all,
Oz

This post was edited

Its time for another lazering.My fur is growing again but very slowly.Looks like maintenance is required from time to time.
Still happy with results.Much better than waxing.Almost no pain and a lot $cheaper$.
The only side effect I get is from the shaving before and a slight redness after, which goes after 2 days.I have fair skin, so it doesn't take much to upset it.

This post was edited

I received my Philips Lumea just before the weekend. Just getting into using it. Having done laser in the past, I'll see how the home IPL goes. It certainly will be cheaper than the alternatives.

This post was edited

I've got the gun out again, Just for Maintenance.Not much to do, any of the light coloured hairs need work but everything else don't grow much any more.
VERY happy with the Lumina.Cheers

This post was edited

Laser does not work well on grey/white hair.Save your money.Lately I shave just before lasering.Every 3 weeks, but could wait 6 weeks.I tried it a while ago sticking to the schedule. As you say: it does not work on grey/white hair (or blond or red, they say). I had a mixture of dark and grey hairs. Only the grey hairs remained which made me look even older. Now I go for regular full body waxing. It removes all the hair.

This post was edited

I just finished a few top up laser sessions. I will continue with my IPL device for maintenance. I too have a few grey hairs that are problematic. The lady who did my laser treatment recommended electrolysis. I know I have a home electolysis device somewhere, but it seemed to have be misplaced in the move. It was never much use for large areas (takes too long) but should be fine for a few individual hairs.

This post was edited

Had a full body wax to remove any stubborn grey/white hairs about 4 weeks ago.
I Just used the lazer again today to maintain everything else.
Nothing to see here, lol.
Smooth RegardsOz

This post was edited

I contacted a professional at Ideal Images who does whole
bodylaser hair removal, theyvery honestly answered
my questions, and they told me laser hair removal does NOT work on
blond, red,white, grey or other light coloredhair. They
also said it will not work on thin hair. These people were very
honest and did not try to have me spend all kinds of money only to
find out it did not work. If you have an Ideal Image in your area I
highly recommend them. You can email them your questions or make an
appointment and have an evaluation. They have other service they
provide besides laser hair removal, so check out their website.

This post was edited

Yourprofessional is correct,As it said in the user Manual for the Laser Gun.
But it works well on darker hairs which leaves only 10% of hair on me to deal with.
I should have done this years ago, as I get more grey/white hairs, the gun is lesseffectiveif at all.
Was a good idea at the time, but started my process too late in life.
Still good to to keep the other hairs away.

This post was edited