RE: Chatroom Dummies Guide.

Txag_1975 did a lot of work in compiling this chatroom dummies guide. Thank you Thomas. I think this should be preserved separately, instead of being buried in the forum. In the page where you click to enter chatroom, there should also be a button to click for reading this dummies guide.

This post was edited

I have posted this in computer group but will aslo include it here. These are the rules you agree to before you go in to chat room. Chat Room Rules and Regulations 1. No Sexual Discussion, or Sexual Activities on Chat 2. No Crotch Shots. Faces on cam please. 3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do not use it. Your cam is visible to all users. 4. Please talk nice. No trolling. 5. Flag users who do not follow the rules. 6. Have Fun! If you want to use your cam in chat, under your picture there are buttons marked A and V. The A is for audio and allows you to use your mike if you have on. The V is for your video. If the cam does not come up, you may have to click settings which is under these buttons and select your camera. If you use a Mac instead of a PC, I think you will need to select firewire under settings. You will have to have the needed drivers and software for your camera loaded before you try it. The way to tell who has cam or audio on is by looking for the green A or V next to their name in list of who is in room. Once you turn your audio or video on, you can tell who is viewing or listening by looking for a blue A or V next to their name in the me column. To view a person's cam or listen to their audio, click on their name in list of who is in room. There is aso a button to view their profile or block that person. If you want to view or listen to more than one person, click the dock button next to their pic under the room list. Then you can click on the other person you wish to view. The block button will prevent that person from viewing your cam and you won't see what they type in room. There is no private chat as such, but once you are certified you can send a message to just one person by sending " your message " I had to enclose in quotes to make message apear correctly. Do not use the quotes in chat room or everyone will see what you sent. The chat is for normal discussion, sexual activity is not allowed. If someone comes in and is acting inappropriatly on cam, flag the person. To flad, go to their profile and click the flag button. You will then be asked for reason for the flag. There is also a report abuse button on the chat page that I heard will record what the person says and does on cam. I have not had reson to flag anyone since the button was added so cannot give details of what happens when you do. Many people find it hard to keep up with the chat when everyone is typing in the default black. Just to the left of where you type your messages is a style button. It allows you to make your type bold, underlined, or change color. If you want to add a smiley to something you said, the button for them is to right of space you type. Whatever you type in room will have your name in green instead of black next to it to make it easier to see what you typed if someone else is using same color as you. Thomas

Execllent, Thomas, thank you for taking the time to put that together!

I would only add the following:

It is rude to repeatedly ask someone who is on cam why they are wearing clothes or to insist that they remove their clothes. There are many reasons why someone may be dressed in the chat room. (i.e, they're at work, they're cold, etc.)

It is inappropriate to ask someone to stand up so that you can see all of them.

If you're viewing someone's cam for any reallength of time, it's only polite to, at the very least, say hi. I know I've personally blocked people from viewing my cam because they will not initiate in any conversation. It's rude at the least and, frankly, downright creepy. It's equivalent to being at a resort and staring at someone.That behaviour is not tolerated at most nudist venues and few will tolerate it here.

If you're new to the TN chat room, don't be afraid to say hi. We're a friendly bunch for the most part. Let us know that your new and we'll do our best to include you in/draw you in to the conversation.

Jen

This post was edited

I have posted this in computer group but will aslo include it here. These are the rules you agree to before you go in to chat room. Chat Room Rules and Regulations 1. No Sexual Discussion, or Sexual Activities on Chat 2. No Crotch Shots. Faces on cam please. 3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do not use it. Your cam is visible to all users. 4. Please talk nice. No trolling. 5. Flag users who do not follow the rules. 6. Have Fun! If you want to use your cam in chat, under your picture there are buttons marked A and V. The A is for audio and allows you to use your mike if you have on. The V is for your video. If the cam does not come up, you may have to click settings which is under these buttons and select your camera. If you use a Mac instead of a PC, I think you will need to select firewire under settings. You will have to have the needed drivers and software for your camera loaded before you try it. The way to tell who has cam or audio on is by looking for the green A or V next to their name in list of who is in room. Once you turn your audio or video on, you can tell who is viewing or listening by looking for a blue A or V next to their name in the me column. To view a person's cam or listen to their audio, click on their name in list of who is in room. There is aso a button to view their profile or block that person. If you want to view or listen to more than one person, click the dock button next to their pic under the room list. Then you can click on the other person you wish to view. The block button will prevent that person from viewing your cam and you won't see what they type in room. There is no private chat as such, but once you are certified you can send a message to just one person by sending " your message " I had to enclose in quotes to make message apear correctly. Do not use the quotes in chat room or everyone will see what you sent. The chat is for normal discussion, sexual activity is not allowed. If someone comes in and is acting inappropriatly on cam, flag the person. To flad, go to their profile and click the flag button. You will then be asked for reason for the flag. There is also a report abuse button on the chat page that I heard will record what the person says and does on cam. I have not had reson to flag anyone since the button was added so cannot give details of what happens when you do. Many people find it hard to keep up with the chat when everyone is typing in the default black. Just to the left of where you type your messages is a style button. It allows you to make your type bold, underlined, or change color. If you want to add a smiley to something you said, the button for them is to right of space you type. Whatever you type in room will have your name in green instead of black next to it to make it easier to see what you typed if someone else is using same color as you. Thomas

Execllent, Thomas, thank you for taking the time to put that together!

I would only add the following:

It is rude to repeatedly ask someone who is on cam why they are wearing clothes or to insist that they remove their clothes. There are many reasons why someone may be dressed in the chat room. (i.e, they're at work, they're cold, etc.)

It is inappropriate to ask someone to stand up so that you can see all of them.

If you're viewing someone's cam for any reallength of time, it's only polite to, at the very least, say hi. I know I've personally blocked people from viewing my cam because they will not initiate in any conversation. It's rude at the least and, frankly, downright creepy. It's equivalent to being at a resort and staring at someone.That behaviour is not tolerated at most nudist venues and few will tolerate it here.

If you're new to the TN chat room, don't be afraid to say hi. We're a friendly bunch for the most part. Let us know that your new and we'll do our best to include you in/draw you in to the conversation.

Jen

Thanks Jen and catbird. When I wrote it I was thinking of operating procedures and not ettaquite. I have posted this in the computer club group as a seperate topic and Jen, I hope you don't mind that I added your comment to the post there.
Thomas

This post was edited

Thanks guys!

I just love it when a plan comes together!

This post was edited

I thought about catbirds suggestion and will add reference to it in the recomendation upgrades and bugs forum topic.
Thomas

This post was edited