RE: the definition of nudity?

I would say being nude is no clothes on between at least the chin and ankles. If you have on a shirt or sarong, then you are not truly nude, just partially nude. But not really nude. I sometimes wear a cap to shade my eyes from the sun, or wear some kind of footwear if the ground is not barefoot friendly.

This post was edited

Once you have established yourself as a nudist - someone who prefers to live life naked as much as possible - you remain a nudist also during those times when you have to wear clothes (just as a smoker remains a smoker between cigarettes) ... but you are not naked - until you remove those clothes. Compared to other living creatures we tend to be tenderfoot and have heat sensitive heads. Therefore I would consider a person who wears only shoes and/or hat as being naked ...

This post was edited

To me it's an interesting concept. Over the years I've known die-hard nudists - that still looked pretty much "nudist" even with clothes one. That's probably becausethey still had the "attitude" that even though they were covered, the coverage was indeed but a "temporary state."

1. On the other hand...I've seen self-conscious nudists be nude - but be so "boxed in" that they gave out a "non-nude vibe" - even though they might be completely undressed.

1. So I think "nudity" is part physical state of undress; part state of mind. It takes a little bit of both to be "truly nude."

This post was edited

I'm aware of two nudity-mandatory events around here. One is a regular nude volleyball game, which imposed the mandatory rule on players and spectators after tour groups starting coming to watch. There, nudity means sensible footwear, any jewelry you never take off, and nothing else. I know of an exception made for an elderly man who has difficulty dressing and undressing, when he came along with friends.
The other is a non-landed, indoor, club with the rule. Shoes come off, but that's just local custom. For the Halloween party, the rule was distilled to "genitals exposed."

This post was edited

I'm aware of two nudity-mandatory events around here. One is a regular nude volleyball game, which imposed the mandatory rule on players and spectators after tour groups starting coming to watch. There, nudity means sensible footwear, any jewelry you never take off, and nothing else. I know of an exception made for an elderly man who has difficulty dressing and undressing, when he came along with friends.The other is a non-landed, indoor, club with the rule. Shoes come off, but that's just local custom. For the Halloween party, the rule was distilled to "genitals exposed."
Certainly, when nudity is ruled as "mandatory", there is little to no room left for debating what nudity means. The word is defined by someone else, and typically means "the absence of clothing of any kind -excluding hat, sunglasses and shoes." In layman's terms: nothing covering the chest or genitals.

• The choice then becomes clear: either abide by someone else's definition of nudity; or reject itand walk away. But does that mean that this "imposed" definition of nudity is the "only" correct definition?

• I'll let you be the judge of that, because after all, it's all about choice.

This post was edited