Laws on Public Nudity in Spain

As there seem to be alot of topics being posted on here about the laws in various countries and territories, I thought I'd add this one.
According to the Spanish Constitution made in 1978 (article 18), "one has the right to have one's own image and clothing, or the absence there of". Therefore in public spaces, you can be nude and still within the law - it is a constitutional right.
There are laws against Exhibitionism and Sexual provocation, which prohibit you being naked in front of minors or the mentally handicaped AND there has to be sexual intention. Now, if we are true nudists, the sexual intention should not be there anyway!
There used to be old laws against Public Indencency in the penal code, but these have been repealed.
So, all in all, you can be nude where ever you like and no one can say anything!
However, I would still be careful about going to the supermarket without anything on!

This topic was edited
RE: Laws on Public Nudity in Spain

and you can find more details of this here:
span class="url"www.naktiv.net/legal/triptico_ing.pdf/span

This post was edited

As there seem to be alot of topics being posted on here about the laws in various countries and territories, I thought I'd add this one. According to the Spanish Constitution made in 1978 (article 18), "one has the right to have one's own image and clothing, or the absence there of". Therefore in public spaces, you can be nude and still within the law - it is a constitutional right. There are laws against Exhibitionism and Sexual provocation, which prohibit you being naked in front of minors or the mentally handicaped AND there has to be sexual intention. Now, if we are true nudists, the sexual intention should not be there anyway! There used to be old laws against Public Indencency in the penal code, but these have been repealed. So, all in all, you can be nude where ever you like and no one can say anything! However, I would still be careful about going to the supermarket without anything on!

Unfortunately the US law is based on French & English Common Law

This post was edited

Hi Cheri
Isn't it a shame that there are so many places with draconian laws :-(

here is to the future!

This post was edited

Thank you, Snakebyte. Very informative.

Jen

This post was edited

Snakebite/Martin -I see the nudist federation has brought the Cadiz Ayuntamiento to book over its law prohibiting nudity on the beach nearby (I think the Cadiz-San Fernando beach) at the start of this month. While the law is on our side it is always best to be prudent.

This post was edited