RE: Possible use of nudism

It wasn't the reason. Simply always enjoyed nudism. But have to admit it has surprised me how much more open I have been in social nude environments. Don't think I would ever feel as comfortable with a group of textiles whom I had never or seldom met and yet it just happens without any stress or reluctance or feeling that you are intruding. In textile environment might be 10% who are welcoming. The reverse in nude environment. Si great.

This post was edited

Another possible use of nudism is to get an all over tan, like most of us seem to prefer.

This post was edited

I've always enjoyed being nude as a great way to relax. Initially this was at home or in hotel rooms when travelling for work. There are not many opportunities to be nude in the city. I'm lucky enough to have a club I can visit in the summer months, and a few swims during winter.I'm not exactly slim, just overweight, although I've never been shy about taking my shirt off in public, or using showers in gym changing rooms.
So for me it was the opportunity to mix with other like minded people. I joined a local club, and I've enjoyed many a sunny day there talking to a lot of people. I've found that if you can start a conversation while nude, you have no fear elsewhere!
My club has open days, so I've often spoken to a few newbies who just wanted to give it a try. I remember one couple who said didn't like going to the beach as they neither of them had "good bodies", the man in particular said he wouldn't even take his shirt off. And yet both of them were standing in front of me, totally nude and loving every minute of it. He even wanted to walk down to the car park nude to maximise the experience!
I think a lot of people could benefit from the experience, a true naturist environment doesn't judge on your shape or size, and there really isn't anything to be scared of.

This post was edited

Being from such a hot and humid country, I remember always coming back from school and just stripping all my clothes off down to my underwear. When I would be alone in my room, then I'd go completely naked. I always found comfort in this, not just at a physical level but also being able to bare down and be with myself. I always felt I was in my element when I was completely naked. I always preferred sleeping naked too. At that age, I didn't consider myself a nudist, let alone know what it even was haha but I just found it very natural. It wasn't until I was older that I knew about social nudism and discovered how freeing that it actually is.
When I'm naked I feel like I am just being me.

This post was edited

Has anyone out there ever decide to get into nudism to fight low self-esteem, difficulties accepting their body, or other emotional challenges?Has anyone out there ever used nudism to nomalize nudity and "detox" theselves, i.e. deflate the ever growing social pressures toward acting sexually as the entertainment industry increases our exposure to full, partial, or implied nudity in movies and ads, creating a constant teasing and stimulation of sexual appetites?I don't know if nudism has increased my self esteem, but it certainly has affected it. More accurately, I would say it's affected my self-perception. I did become more aware of how I appeared, to myself not to others, and such led to positive changes in lifestyle, weight loss, etc.

This post was edited

I just enjoy being nude in the sunshine.My wife calls me a shy nudist because I don't walk around the house nude.Going to the nudist resort and relaxing by the pool is my way of getting rid of the stress of everyday life.I am not in the best shape,but I am comfortable with how my body looks.

This post was edited

I am exploring it to try to understand myhusbands obsession with it. I just went outside the house andwalked around, under the full moon, naked, and all I felt was coldand vulnerable. I just don't get it.
There are several resources out there for women whose husband has
found the joy of nudism but she doesn't get it.
Check
out:https://www.aanr.com/about-aanr/from-a-womans-perspective

And this article: So your partner is interested in nudism (https://www.naturist-corner.net/community/index.php?page=page2333)

This post was edited

Has anyone out there ever decide to get into nudism tofight low self-esteem, difficulties accepting their body, or otheremotional challenges? Has anyone out there ever used nudism tonomalize nudity and "detox" theselves, i.e. deflate the evergrowing social pressures toward acting sexually as theentertainment industry increases our exposure to full, partial, orimplied nudity in movies and ads, creating a constant teasing andstimulation of sexual appetites?
I am exploring it to try to understand my husbands obsession with
it. I just went outside the house and walked around, under the full
moon, naked, and all I felt was cold and vulnerable. I just don't
get it.
chrisAn403,
I feel more natural without cloths. When my skin
is covered it starts feeling like it's
suffocating and can escalate to feeling like
it's on fire. Being nude is just all about
feeling comfortable.
My wife feels cold before I do. I can
sit in the house nude before the heat comes up in the morning
during winter when its 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
I also have a normal body temperature of 96.0 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bob

This post was edited