Nudism the wrong way...?

I am always fascinated about how people understand the world around me. What I find interesting about nudity, nudism, and nudists is the general understanding that pervades about the concepts. I have always understood the overall theme as a "how" that accompanies a persons actions, whereas many people appear to be defining nudism, in general, as a "what," or as the action itself. Nudism is not an action, it is how you perform an action. You might go to a nude beach, but you are going to the beach. The nudity in and of itself is not the action, enjoying the beach is the action and you just happen to be nude. The same goes for bike riding, swimming, hiking, video games, PX90, watching TV, etc.

I am just perplexed that so many people on here use "nudity" or "being nude" as WHAT they like to do rather than HOW they perform other activities. Does anyone else see the absurdity? Am I overthinking?

This topic was edited
RE: Nudism the wrong way...?

We could have a long philosophical question on that one. Is being nude a state or an act? Does being nudeitself make a statement, or is the statement simply amplified or otherwise qualified by being nude? Does the media merely transmit the message, or is the media itself the message?

This post was edited

We could have a long philosophical question on that one. Is being nude a state or an act? Does being nudeitself make a statement, or is the statement simply amplified or otherwise qualified by being nude? Does the media merely transmit the message, or is the media itself the message?
Oh, I dunno.....
Depending on the individual, and the context, either, neither, or both could be correct.
:)

This post was edited

HA! You went into metaphysics.

This post was edited
Nudism semantics

Bump

This post was edited
RE: Nudism semantics

Hmmm...what could "bump" mean in relation to nudism? I think I remember the "Small Penis or Suicide" thread. Is that like "Cake or Death?"

This post was edited