spring-summer what do you wear

yes i want to be nude like most of us but like most a lot of areas we need something on till we get away from the ramp or in that secret spot so what do you mostly wear ? and do you wear you PFD when paddling ?

This topic was edited
RE: spring-summer what do you wear

my mode of dress when kayaking is t -shirt and slip on shorts over a speedo and my water shoes and when i get to launch i leave behind the shorts ( yeah one dry article of clothes to go home in) and the speedo and depending on how warm or how blazing the sun is weather or not the shirt stays on . in my kayak the PFD stays attached by a bungee cord one pull and it releases . i have only been to a few rivers where im comfortable enough to kayak nude once away from ramp and if it wasn't for my sit in kayak that probably wouldn't be possible considering all those fishing i pass by.

This post was edited

I wear pretty much what you do except for the speedo. Tshirt, either water shoes or sport sandals, hat (either ball cap or wide brim), and shorts. I am currently working on a pair of shorts that can be removed without pulling them down. If those work like I think they will I should be nude on the water a whole lot more. PFD? I only wear it if in white water or choppy water on lake. I have my cell phone in a small dry box attached to the PFD.

This post was edited

Look back a few pages to find a thread called "do you always get nude". We had a pretty good discussion of various options for cover when needed. Check it out. Obviously, when no one is around, I don't wear anything. And since that thread, if textiles are around, I've been wearing a knit shirt with a tail that comes down half way to my knees. And I can pull that off once I have a spray skirt on. I wear flip flops or sport sandals at the ramp and kick them off once inside the boat. I usually keep my PFD under the deck within easy reach but pull it out and wear it if/when the situation calls for it.

This post was edited

I wear kacki shorts with ft h a tank top flipflops and a Speedo. One I get the water. I take off shorts abd tank ad th load in speed and flipflops. Sometimes I wear off and sometimes I don't. Same for the speedo lol

This post was edited

Usually wear a pair of shorts until I get away form the launch. I seldom wear the PFD unless I'm playing in white water.

This post was edited

I am currently working on a pair of shorts that can be removed without pulling them down.This sounds like a great idea. How are you engineering them? I've been thinking of modifying a pair of tear away warm up pants (since tear away shorts doesn't seem to be a thing) to accomplish the same thing.

This post was edited

AT ramp if others are around I wear a pair of skimpy split sided nylon running shorts from which I have removed the liner. I wear water shoes as the coastline of the lake I usually use is unsafe. Once away from the launch area I remove the shorts and shoes and stash them on the left beside my seat. On the right side of the seat I accordion fold a old bath towel. If an "errant" fisherman should approach I just pull the towel over my lap. Thusly hidden I once talked with a youth group on a canoe trip for about 20 minutes. I do wear a broad brimmed gilly hat.

This post was edited

I am lucky, I live on the back side of a small lake in NH with very little traffic. Not only do I get to enjoy paddling my canoe around the lake naked. On many occasions I have loaded the canoe into my pick-up truck (while naked) and driven down to the lake. Once there I unload thecanoe and enjoy a cruise around the lake. Sometimes I don't even bring a pair of shorts with me into the truck let alone into the canoe.

This post was edited

I am lucky, I live on the back side of a small lake in NH with very little traffic. Not only do I get to enjoy paddling my canoe around the lake naked. On many occasions I have loaded the canoe into my pick-up truck (while naked) and driven down to the lake. Once there I unload thecanoe and enjoy a cruise around the lake. Sometimes I don't even bring a pair of shorts with me into the truck let alone into the canoe.that is the perfect way and im sure the way most of us would like to enjoy the water.

This post was edited

i wear neopren or just t shirt. when moving enought long from people i taked all off. only life jacket is on.

This post was edited