Ridiculous or what?

Laws in force ... City of Rehoboth Beach Delaware

198-12 Indecent exposure.
[Amended 8-13-1993 by Ord. No. 893-2]
A. A male is guilty of indecent exposure if he exposes his genitals or buttocks under circumstances which he knows his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to another person.
B. A female is guilty of indecent exposure if she exposes her genitals, breasts or buttocks under circumstances which she knows her conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to another person.
198-14 Disrobing in public.
No person shall disrobe under the boardwalk, on the beach or in any vehicle while such vehicle is parked upon any public street or way or other public place in plain view of the public. Any violation of this section is declared a civil offense pursuant to Chapter 126 of the Municipal Code of the City of Rehoboth Beach.

And now for the most ridiculous

198-13 Topless bathing suits prohibited.
No female over the age of five years shall wear a topless bathing suit or otherwise fail to cover her breasts with less than a full opaque covering of any portion thereof below the upper portion of the nipple.

This topic was edited
RE: Ridiculous or what?

We were just at Rehoboth Beach and what I find odd is you can't change clothes in your car and you're not allowed to change clothes in the public bathrooms. Where do they expect people to change their clothes???

I tried googling Reheboth Beach but can find only municipal information. Is there a beach orportionof the beach that is clothing optional?

I guess you are expected to wear clothes in layers but then would they consider peeling off a layer as changing? (sarcasm).

If you have a five year old girl who looks like she is six better makesureher top is covered or carry her birth certificate with you. I imagine that like other beaches the bathing suits you see arebarelythere (pun intended) and attract lots of stares but of course that is not an affront to public morality.

This post was edited
RE: Ridiculous or what?

Aren't there discrimination laws over there? How can you force women to cover their breasts without forcing men to do likewise!!
Also, (and I may need to be corrected), aren't women's genitals on the inside and not possible to expose!!!

This post was edited
RE: Ridiculous or what

I was at Rehobeth/Dewey beach about 20 or so years ago. I don't recall nudity/topless bathing being allowed then, and still not allowed from what I gather.I was not aware of the law on changing (and back then apparently my friends were not aware either as they changed in the restroom of a Hardees). It's likely at least one anal retentive resident complained loud enough to the local government, and the politicians, always eager toscore points with the public, passedsome laws to make it look like they were actually doing somethingfor the community. Either that, or a handful of drunken idiots screwed things up for the rest of us. Those beaches were big enough that they could make a clothing optional section. Oh well, I guess we'll just have top grin and bare it!.
MIke

This post was edited

when are we going to get rid of all this government intervention into our lives, we need to support more libertarians who support less government intervention into our lives. and whats the deal with the ordinance on a five year old(how stupid) kinda like zero tolerence in our schools, its their way or no way.

This post was edited

whats the deal with the ordinance on a five year old(how stupid) kinda
like zero tolerence in our schools, its their way or no way.

Nothing like making five year olds insecure to prepare them to go to prison schools for the next 10-15 years for indoctrination, the best solution here would be homeschooling.

This post was edited