Huh?

I was surprised to see when I logged in this morning I had "only" 150 posts on the forum -- but when I last logged in, last night, I had about 180? ... I was not aware of any posts being flagged ... But can someone tell me what happened to those thirty or so posts, and why?

Badger

This topic was edited
RE: Huh?

My guess would be that certain threads/groups have been deleted, but who knows ?

This post was edited

I was wondering if something like that was going on ...
I'm just trying to work my way up to "Butt Naked" -- and, while to lose thirty posts isn't much compared to those who have lost, like, 1600, it kind of ticked me off ...
(The Naked Badger is starting to snarl ...)

This post was edited

With the old software, the post count was accumulated regardless of whether the actual posts still existed. As brother curt suggested, this new package may accurately track post totals based on what is still on the site. I lost about 1600 in the initial changeover (I was at 6930 or so) and at least a hundred more overnight. When I get back down to Textile, I'm outa here.

I lost about 1400 or so, not sure exactly. I think Bobs explanation is probably right.
If we're going to lose all the posts that we made on a thread that is lost, when it's
creators profile is deleted, we might have to run, just to stand still.

Also, have you noticed that the orphaned groups have gone, (Groups where the
creators profile has been deleted) that may also account for a few.

I'm particularly peeved over the poetry group, that was an orphaned group. The group
that I created to link to it, is still there, but the group is gone from my list, and the link no

longer works. We've lost a lot of written material on that forum. I wrote to TT but so far nothing. I saved the old urls on the group forum, so I might be able to do a bit of url adjustment, and get them back again, when I get time. But for now, I can't even edit my
existing posts or post links in threads, I'm guessing it's because it no longer supports IE6.

Ok so the new features are great, but personally, I'd trade them all for all the stuff
we've lost. I don't see why there was a need for us to lose anything. Just change for
the sake of change. And the new profile IS a pain to use. We've been asking for a
groups forums "recent activity" page for years, but instead of getting it, we lost the
ability to see when new members join. So it's worse now than ever.

I'd like to make a list of pros and cons, but you know what, I just can't be bothered
anymore.

btw, IF it would only work, it looks like I can now edit EVERYONE'S posts on my threads,is that the same for everyone? or have I been promoted! :) Not sure if that's a good thing or not, I'm thinking probably not.

And whilst I'm here, what happened to the Bares group, anyone know?

This post was edited

ps.

Sorry about the way that came out,

Must be this lovely new site!

This post was edited

Kerri and the Dog got completely fed up and disabled their group. Too bad. It was the most active group and the best run group. They've started a group elsewhere that is by invitation only.
My post count dropped by well over 1500. Oh well.
Damn. All those wonderful poems I wrote for Phil and Superdad. Gone. Pffffft! Some of those contained bits of TN history.
Jen

This post was edited

ps. Sorry about the way that came out, Must be this lovely new site!It came out OK but I'm not so sure I want you to have that much power!...(able to edit all posts) Joking..LMNAO!

This post was edited