Site Tips & F.A.Q's

INDEX. (NOT clickable, scroll down to find the relevant comment number.)

Tip #001 How to paste on a forum post, blog and bulletin
(not necessary on e-mail, pic comment or flag message.)
Tip #002 How to make a paragraph on a forum post, blog and bulletin.
Tip #003 Search tip.
Tip #004 e-mail tips.
Tip #005 Forum tip.
Tip #006 Tip request.
Tip #007 Why you should use the "quote" button.
Tip #008 Group search tip.
Tip #009 Bulletin and update info.
Tip #010 Chat Room info.
Tip #011 Forum Rankings.
Tip #012 Correcting a Forum quote disaster.
Tip #013 Visits section info.
Tip #014 How to add a picture to your post.
Tip #015 Picture posting info.
Tip #016 How To add a signature to your forum posts.
Tip #017 Gallery info.
Tip #018 I can't see all of my friends.
Tip #019 To Turn your pics up the right way.

Tip #020 To remove friends from friend's list.
Tip #021 To "kind of" suspend your profile.
Tip #022 Picture posting troubleshooting tips.
Tip #023 The difference between being a Certified TN and not.
Tip #024 Links. How to add one to your post.
Tip #025 To set your profile pic.
Tip #026 Jerr's very own FAQ blog. (Highly recommended!)
======================================================================

#01. HOW TO COPY AND PASTE TO A FORUM POST.

If you just paste something straight onto the forum, or the Bulletins, It will show up all the HTML code as well, and look a right mess.
This is how you can get around that.

If you copy anything from the net, or write a piece on Outlook Express, (same probably goes for Word and other programmes) Spellcheck it, but BEFORE you post it on the forum, paste it onto NOTEPAD, copy it AGAIN from there, BEFORE you paste it in the forum, this will LOSE all the HTML code, and it will come out all right. That is, IF you remember to do it, but now that TT1 has added an Edit button, you do now get another chance :)

EDIT: ......... Also see: ......CORRECTING A FORUM QUOTE DISASTER. .......To find it, scroll down to comment #12

Phil.

This might be of interest too :)

Composing long posts (Comment # 73)

This topic was edited
RE: Site Tips

#02. MAKING A PARAGRAPH.

To make a paragraph anywhere on here, you need to hit enter TWICE.

This post was edited

#03. SEARCH TIP.

If you click on "Nudists" (next to Home at the top left) select Sort By "Login Date" go down and click on "Search Anywhere" you can see who is on line, and who's in the chat room.

Here's another interesting tip or two :)

A helpful hint for messaging and posting

This post was edited

#04.E-MAIL TIPS.

Re SENT MESSAGES.

1) If you go "My Account" "Sent" (in your Contact Manager) you can see if the message you sent has been read yet.

2) If you mail someone,and don't check to see if it has appeared in yoursent folder, and theydelete it, it will also disappear from your sent folder. You will then have no record of ever having written to them and you might be left wondering if they actually received it.

Re PHANTOM E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS.
Tom (txag_1975 ) just made a good point that could well explain some of the phantom notifications we get.
If TT deletes a spammers profile, and they have already sent you spam that you have not yet seen, you will have the notification of the message, but the message will have disappeared from your inbox when he deletes the profile, before you even saw it. So you may think some messages are not getting through to you

This post was edited

#05. FORUM TIP.

The forum did have me pretty confused for a looooong time too, So I'll repeat this here for anyone that hasn't yet got to grips with it.

The easiest way to keep up, is to keep an eye on the recent forum activity on the home page (when it's working) BUT, you have to check it 2-3 times a day, EVERY day, and even then, if it gets busy, you can still miss new comments and posts if they disappear off the bottom of the list.

The only way to be sure, is to forget the home page, go straight to the forum. Look down the right-hand side at the "last posts" for the number of hours since you last checked. So if it's breakfast time and you were on last night, you're looking for anything that is 8 or to be on the safe side, 10 hours ago. Don't click on the post, go across to the left and click on THAT posts FORUM. That shows you all the posts in THAT forum and there might be a recent comment on ANOTHER post that you will not have seen. Then click on the post to see the new comment, and after, hit the back button to see any other recent activity in the SAME forum. If none, (or when you've read them) click back again to the main forum list, and go down the list as before, looking for 8-10 hours ago, and do the same process for all the forums that have had recent activity.

That imho, is the only way to be sure you don't miss anything.

It would be much easier, it the recent activity list on the home page was twice as long, it has been requested ages ago, perhaps this will jog TT's memory.

Phil.

You might think that some of these are obvious, but when you're new here, it's not always the case.

You can also do a key word search on each individual forum title list, by clicking on, Edit, Find ( on this page)

This post was edited

#06. TIP REQUEST.

Had an A-HAR! ...moment? ....post it here for the Newbies.

This post was edited

#07. WHY YOU SHOULD USE THE "QUOTE" BUTTON.

If you do NOT use the "Quote" button, when replying to a comment on the forum, if and when the author of the comment deletes their profile, all their comments will disappear, and the thread will become a list of nonsensical comments / answers :(

This post was edited

#08 GROUP SEARCH TIP.

If your group has dropped off the bottom of the group list, you can find it with the search tool at the top of the page.
You can find a group, even if you don't know the name, by searching (one at a time) the letters of the alphabet that have dropped off the bottom. The results are in alphabetical order, so although it will show for example, all the groups with a "w" in the Title, all thatSTART with a "W" are at the bottom of the results list.

EDIT. The list is fixed now, TT's must have made it accept more entries :)

This post was edited

#09 BULLETIN AND UPDATE INFO.

I get the feeling that some members are under the impression that a bulletin goes out to everyone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you will find that it only goes out to your friends.
Same goes for your Satus Updates andAutomatic Updates.

New group members are I think, only seen by other group members.

This post was edited

#10 CHAT ROOM INFO.

TomTierney said:

I went to the chat room over and over. I could not figure out how to get my camera to work. I re-read the camera instruction sheet. I re-loaded the cd. I peeked in at other camera owners. Finally I ignored the conversation in the chat room and posted a question. How do I get the camera to work? Several members made suggestions. I had already tried everything they suggested. Then a member named GreenHornet said to click on the "V" for video. How simple. It worked. Where could I have found that information? Is there an instruction link? Another question. I know if a member has an "A" and/or a "V" next to their name it means they have a camera. What does it mean when the symbols turn blue? And why do they? How do members figure out all of this?

earlashcroft Replied:

Tom,
If the blue V show it means that person is viewing your cam
EDIT: Sep 9th 2010.
Chat Room Moderator F.A.Q'S

CHAT Problems?.... (Links to chat related threads)

This post was edited

#11 FORUM RANKINGS.

It is not clearly stated anywhere, but after you have made your first post in the forum, it will show your ranking under your screen name, above your pic at the side of your post. Under your pic, it will show your post count. Everyone starts off as Textile, and then as your post count increases, you reach different levels. They are:

000 Posts = Textile
011 Posts = barefoot.
051 Posts = topless
101 Posts = Undies Only
251 Posts = Butt Naked
501 Posts = SuperNudist

At this point in time, what happens after Super Nudist, we just don't know.

This post was edited