If you are a nudist, you know that you’re comfortable doing just about anything in the buff, whether solo or with friends. But what about your friends who have a hard time showering without a swimsuit on? Nude Recreation Week offers a great way to introduce your buddies to the idea of being naked while also enabling you to enjoy more clothes-free activities.
Nude Recreation Week, takes place July 7–14, 2013 and was created by The Naturist Society (TNS) 38 years ago. This annual event is supported by TNS and the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR), with events taking place around the globe.
Vacationing at nude sunbathing resorts is one of the fastest growing trends in the travel industry, according to The Wall Street Journal. And Nude Recreation Week is a great time to invite your non-nudist friends to the party. There are clothing-optional resorts in every state and country, so it’s easy to find a place to comfortably take your friends and introduce them to your weekend (or all-the-time) activities.
This year, the festivities culminate in an attempt to set a new world record at the World Record Skinny-Dip, taking place at locations across North America on July 13. The last record was set in 2010 for the most number of people simultaneously naked in the water. The time of this year’s attempt is 1 pm local, and the goal is to track how many people are in pools and watering holes in the buff. You can view a list of participating resorts and learn more on the AANR website: http://www.aanr.com/world-record-skinny-dip. Sounds like a good time to host a party!
Most resorts host a variety of fun activities during Nude Recreation Week, ranging from merely swimming to volleyball tournaments and other outdoor sporting events. But it’s mostly a time to encourage those new to the lifestyle to take part. It’s a great opportunity to “come out” to non-nudist friends and invite them to your backyard party or a nearby resort.
AANR provides a list of ways to ease people into the idea of being nude:
• Take a skinny dip in the backyard pool. You’ll be surprised at how good it feels. And no swimsuits to rinse out after!
• Clean the house au naturel. Most people work up a sweat dusting, vacuuming, and mopping, so save a step and clean in the buff before you clean off your own body.
• Get naked with nature. Plant some flowers or veggies in your garden, pull those pesky weeds, or sit outside and read a book. You’ll be that much closer to the pool when it’s time to cool off.
• Exercise naked. The treadmill, jump rope, weights, or exercise video can be a great way to get those muscles moving and heart beating. Just don’t try this one at the gym!
• Telecommute so you can spend a day or two at home working in the nude. Your house is your sanctuary, so take advantage.
This year, truenudists.com is supporting the World Record Skinny-Dip, and as a member of the site, you should be first in line to strip down and jump in! Invite your friends, family, and coworkers and share the fun and ease of being nude. Just tell them it means less laundry at the end of the week; that should get them!