RE: outdoor shower

Yet another group where the owner/moderator has gone MIA. There are more and more of these groups that are without someone giving them much attention. I've made a couple of friends recently that have joined the site, trying to join groups and can't get approved because the moderator hasn't logged in, in months! One group I am trying to take over ... the moderator hasn't logged on in 5 years! Still waiting for TT1 or 2 to make the decision to hand over the groups to me so I can get them going again. (rolling eyes)

This post was edited

I finally got my naked butt up and fixed our outdoor shower. It had been working but only had cold water. I found the problem with the smallhot water heater and we've got hot water again but ... that's all I've got ... no cold water ... so, I'll have to return to the drawing board and figure out what happened ... but for now, at least we have hot water and can take outdoor showers again!!!
Once I have the water situation under control ... I'll not take in indoor shower again. I love to take my showers outdoors and if and when we do a remodel of our master bathroom, an additional outdoor shower is planned for that portion of the house. I've seen many of these in magazines where there is an indoor and outdoor shower included in the master bathroom design and I'd love to have something like that.
My wife has a work friend that lives on 6 acres. We visited this couple for dinner one night. They took us on a tour of their home. Their master bathroom was, for us, to die for. ALL glass windows surrounding the shower, tub, sinks area and the toilet had it's own small room with it's own sink and bidet. What we loved was the openness of the bathroom to the outside that was beautifully landscaped. They hated it! "We feel so exposed!" I looked out there and first off; their nearest neighbor was about 100 yards away ... and ... there was so much thick and lush landscaping, you couldn't see light through it! The wall of glass from their bathroom looked onto their side yard and backyard with an amazing view of their pool area which was another amazing feature of this property. It was the perfect environment for an outdoor shower and tub!
I must say ... he was a landscape contractor and his yard was full of potted plants for his business. His entire property was landscaped and private on all four sides except for the electric gate into the property. That could have been easily fixed to give the homeowners completely privacy but I got the sense that they didn't do much running around naked.
Why is it that so many people that are not into nudism have such awesome pieces of property and don't use them properly! hahahaha ;-)

This post was edited

WELL ... I figured out my water temp issue with our outdoor shower ... closed valve!!!!
After spending the afternoon with my lovely wife, doing some naked gardening, we sat on the patio and were talking about other things we wanted to do. I began telling her that I really needed to fix the water temp issue with the outdoor shower because it wasn't enjoyable taking a hot water "only"shower.
As we sat I felt the hand of my deceased father in law hit me upside the back of the head, like he's done many times before, after he died. I got down on my knees and opened this cabinet door and low and behold ... a valve on one of the water lines going to the shower valve. I checked to see if it was open ... it was not and so I opened it and we now have hot and cold water to our outdoor shower. I'd been taking showers outside for the last couple of months but they've been pretty short and only when it was cold outside so the hot water felt better. Now that the cold water can be mixed ... I'm taking ALL my showers outside and taking one mid day and every time I do a little work out in the backyard. I'm so glad we got our outdoor shower back to working properly.
:D

This post was edited

Installed an outdoor shower last year at our Florida home. Was using the neighbor's with her permission but hers was just cold water. I plumbed ours with hot and cold. No walls around it just the natural trees and bushes for covering. Afterwards just walk out into the backyard and air dry. Most of our neighbors are also nudists so they dont mind. We leave it available the months when we arent there so some of the neighbors can use it and the 3 maintenance people in our community.

This post was edited

We don't have an outdoor shower as such but often when I am back home in Saigon and working on the roof terrace the hose with the spray gun gets good use. No need for a water heater as the water in rooftop tanks is perfect temp.Yes I really enjoy my outdoor showers and the air dry time after the shower.

This post was edited

there is nothing better than take a good shower outdoors then go get in the 105 degree hot tum mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmI concur. It's awesome showering in the outdoors, nude, as is natural.

This post was edited

I installed our shower on the outside along the side of the house. It has no surround around it so technically anyone walking or driving by our place could see someone using it. Doesnt matter much since 75 percent of our park are nudists and are members of the nude resort next door or the non nudists have accepted the rest of us and get along fine with everyone. Like I said in ans earlier post. Others are free to use it too and they do.

This post was edited

The previous owner of our home started an outdoor shower; we're finally going to complete it. It'll be semi private, with redwood slats alternating in an inside/outside pattern for the 1/2 walls with matching saloon doors. I plan on running black PVC pipe back and forth on the open lattice roof as a solar hot water collector.

This post was edited

I installed our shower on the outside along the side of the house. It has no surround around it so technically anyone walking or driving by our place could see someone using it. Doesnt matter much since 75 percent of our park are nudists and are members of the nude resort next door or the non nudists have accepted the rest of us and get along fine with everyone. Like I said in ans earlier post. Others are free to use it too and they do.That's great. You need to put the same sign I have by our outdoor shower ... Showers $1 .... To Watch $2
:D

This post was edited

We're finally finishing an outdoor shower that the previous homeowner started years ago. I uploaded a photo. The small wall in the foreground is actually two saloon doors opening both in and outward. I'm going to do a gazebo/trellis type open roof and run black pipe over those beams as a solar hot water heater.

This post was edited