Suggestions?

Even though I have yet to post pics of my outdoor shower (they're coming, just be patient), I used it all last summer and it was fantastic. However, although I installed a shower liner with a drain under my boardwalk to run the water out to a drainage area, the shower liner tore. I have searched and searched for an affordable shower pan that I could install, but all of them are really expensive, as in $600.00 or more expensive.
I have thought of three possible solutions:
1) Have a welder make me an aluminum shower pan with a drainage hole, but that could be expensive.
2) Install 1" plywood with a shower liner on top to prevent damage to the plywood.
3) Install a "horse mat" which is very tough and thick rubber mats used in horse barns that are 1" thick by cutting a hole for a drain.
My Boardwalk is built on 12" headers with 8" Cross boards 12" O.C. with Lowes ChoiceDeck on top.
Any suggestions?
Don

This topic was edited
RE: Suggestions?

Aren't most shower pans covered in a tarry substance to provide an added seal? How about that or ... "As seen on TV" ... Flex Seal. I think it's sold at Home Depot and Lowes. Could you use that over your plywood situation.

This post was edited
RE: Suggestions?

How about the pan that the air conditioner guys use to put under a unit in the attic in case it leaks.Or the same a/c guy could make a drain pan out of some light sheet metal that would work but not break the bank.Or make it out of boards and coat them with the Rino-liner that wal-mart sells to coat pick-up truck beds.Good luck.

This post was edited