RE: Whiskey - and Whisky - and we

Mike, outside US, CAN and Ireland, usually Scotch is the most drunk type of whisky - I have no exact knowledge of the 3 countries but I am rather positive that at least US and Ireland (and Japan) local Whiskey more popular than Scotch, so would be rather interesting to pinpoint the relation of our Canadian and American members' preference to Scotch vs. locally produced and see if any conclusions can be made of it how the nudies differ from average population in their Whisky/whiskey preferences. At least in Europe in most stores the Scotch most readily available and even well-stocked shops rarely offer more than a few brands of Irish, US. and/or Canadian Whiskeys whereas they easily may have dozens of different labels of Blended and even many Single Malt Scotch Whiskies on their shelves. In Asia again it is the Blended Scotch that are overrepresented, in Duty Frees there the luxury brands and regular shops standard Blended ones.
Slainte!
Aki aka TravelNudie

This post was edited
RE: Whiskey - and Whisky - and we

Most of you have gone for single malts - If you ever get to Islay, try the Islay Mist, this is a blend but one you will never forget!And the Port Askaig Hotel if you ever stay there - heavenly herring! Fresh! Fresh Fresh!

This post was edited
RE: whisky

Didn't see this thread earlier.
I'm partial to unblended straight whisky.
Good scotch, and most Tennessee whisky.
Johnny Walker Blue label, and Gentleman Jack rate highly.
Also like GOOD wines. Partial to Chambourcin in red, and Chennin Blanc in white. ( depending on the vintner )
Don't like the tannins in most reds. Don't care for beer as a rule, but there are exceptions.

This post was edited

Whisky? Always! Jack Daniels mostly, but other brands work when the Jacks gone! The wife is a Rum girl, Captian Morgan is her choice, but a beer will work just fine for her.

This post was edited

I've seen someexcellent suggestions posted here - thanks all for the input. I must commend all of you on having great taste!
homefree - as a bourbon afficionado, I also enjoy JD (close in taste, but a bit different).If yoru wife likes the Captain, she should check out some of their newer line of rums. I highly recommend Captian Morgan's Tattoo- taste great str8!
Mike

This post was edited

I enjoy a double shot of a single malt Scotch before retiring to bed. When not trucking, of course. However a good friend turned me on to , sweet, for a change. Hence, once in a while I go for , Wild Turkey's , American Honey. Chilled.

This post was edited
RE: Whiskey and We

If I could drink it it would have to be a single malt Scotish Whisky of at least 30 years old

This post was edited

If I could drink it it would have to be a single malt Scotish Whisky of at least 30 years old

This post was edited

This post was edited

For those with a sweet tooth, you should give Yukon Jack a try. A fine and reasonably priced liqueur from Canada. It always went down good in the winter time after coming in from shoveling snow. A few others are Jim Beam's Red Stag (black cherry flavored bourbon) and Captain MOogan's Tattoo (their spiced rum flavored with cherry/blackberry - can't tell for sure).

This post was edited