anybody got an outdoor shower?

We have just erected a privacy fence, partially so I can go nude more in the backyard; partially to separate us from the road traffic out front. While looking around at our new outdoor space, I thought of putting in an outdoor shower! Beats the hell out of a fiberglass enclosure inside. Anyone got pics of their shower to share? I have a basic idea, but would like to see what other ideas are out there. Thanks.

This topic was edited
RE: anybody got an outdoor shower?

i have been showering in my outside shower for about 8 years now, i used the inside one about 3 times in those 8 years. I have a 6' privacy fence on the side yard, but i also used old metal shutters and buried them about 12" in the ground and about 6' sticks in the air. I put them in a large circle and bolted them together. The hurricanes over the years have really torn them up and i would like to replace them with bamboo fencing, but sadly no $$ right now...

This post was edited

That sounds pretty cool looking David. I live on a farm so that may be a choice for me too. Now I think about it, i have an old metal grain bin that might just be perfect size...hmmmm.
Thanks.

This post was edited
out door shower

I shower outside all summer. Here in AZ we do not need a proper shower so to speak, i just shower directly from the hose, both in the morning and evening. It is great!

This post was edited
Bath and Shower

We are lucky to have both a wood fired Bath and a shower in our garden....no screens necessary!! So just fill the bath...light the fire and wait till warm then sit and enjoy a bath under the sky

This post was edited

I built an outdoor shower on the back porch of my house in the middle of town. I use screens to give privacy but I can see out when using it. Got the idea from visiting relatives who had a vacation house with one to rinse the beach sand off before entering the house. You had to use that one clothed unfortunately. I love the feeling of being outdoors to bathe and use if from spring to fall as long as the temperature permits.

This post was edited
Who DOESN'T love an outdoor shower???

It's one of the best features of houses near the shore and homes in the Caribbean. We go to St. John - USVI in the winter and I LOVE showering amongst the bouganvileas (sp?). I have a good friend living atop a (small) mountain in Massachusetts with an outdoor shower that isn't enclosed. I keep telling him that I'll help him build a windbreak but he prefers to showering and watching deer graze in the nearby apple orchard in the mornings. I'd have an outdoor shower where I live IF I could figure out how to block the view from the neighbors' second-story windows. I don't care if THEY see ME but they might. ;-)

This post was edited

We have a double decker porch, a larger one with a hot tub on the terrace lower level an a 14 X 14 upper deck on the upper floor. I linked the cold water supply line feeding the faucets on both decks with a hot water line with a series of valves so I could control the water temperature, allowing us to take outdoor showers on both decks.
Wife and I and our house guests love it. We rarely shower inside.

This post was edited

WE've got a simple solar heated outdoor shower set up by the garden. The hose line connects to a black pvc coil that is fastened to a sheet of plywood so that we can angle it towards the sun, then hose out to the shower. There is no hot water storage with this set up, so we have to get our hot showers when the sun is shining on it or soon after. This is what the shower looks like. Don't think I have a pic of the coil.

This post was edited

Great picture. Thanks for the solar idea.

This post was edited
love outdoor showers

I grew up in the U.S. in an urban area so I was accustomed to only bathing indoors, but it was a different experience when we visited my grandparents in Mexico. They lived in a 2 room "house" that was built before indoor plumbing, so when what would be called modern bathroom facility was built to replace an outhouse, it was constructed about 6 feet outside the back door, along with an outdoor shower....as a kid visiting, I have very clear memories of bathing outdoors, and I am thankful for those glorious, wonderful experiences of showering outdoors... now as an adult, taking showers outdoors reminds me of those experiences and it always brings a warm smile to my face =)

This post was edited