RE: You can't be nude In your Home

Just on that Peeping Tom issue, Does ANYONE know why Tom got labeled as the peeper?
According to the story when Lady Godiva did her thing the residents of Coventry all looked away or covered their eyes to save herembarrassment, except for Tom who peeked through his fingers. Hence Peeping Tom.

Does anyone but me remember an episode of The Flintstones where a woman screams andFred is accused of being a Peeping Tom?
He said, my names not Tom, it's Fred, and the woman screams "Ahhh, a peeping Fred"

This post was edited
RE: Laws in CA?

In CA, according to a newspaper article I read some time back, if you make a reasonable effort to protect your privacy, you're good to go. A reasonable effort was anything the casual viewer would not be able to see through or over. Something that would require an effort to see into your space. Now, with the terrain you have, you may very well have to tell your neighbor with the deck that you're nudists, and until they installed their deck, you had the privacy you required. If they have an issue, I would suggest planting some mature Italian Cypress. They grow quite tall and are very dense when planted close enough together. A landscaper can help you with that. Same thing for the folks who just trimmed back their trees.

That sounds pretty good to me. I just wonder how much the definition of a "reasonable effort" is left to interpretation by the courts. We've already decided to put in several big bamboo plants along our back wall that will grow tall enough to block the back neighbors' view into our yard. We chose bamboo because it grows so fast (they should grow to the height we need within a year). We considered cypress or junipers, but both grow pretty slow according to our landscaper so bamboo it is. And now I'm thinking we should surround the place with them!

This post was edited

Oldhamii bamboo is awesome stuff! After a year, you can practically see it growing! And it looks and sounds great too!
As for the law:
https://www.shouselaw.com/indecent-exposure.html#overview

This post was edited

Let me see if I understand this. If I (a male) am seen nude by a female
who is cutting through my yard, I can be charged with indecent
exposure; but if I (a maie) see a naked woman through a window while
cutting through her yard, I can be charged as a 'peeping-tom'....
Anyone else confused?

This post was edited

Let me see if I understand this. If I (a male) am seen nude by a female who is cutting through my yard, I can be charged with indecent exposure; but if I (a maie) see a naked woman through a window while cutting through her yard, I can be charged as a 'peeping-tom'.... Anyone else confused?
Nope, you got it right. The Ol double standard.

This post was edited

Just make sure the bamboo is not sprouting up all over your yard. Stepping on a bamboo shoot is like stepping on a nail.

I hear you. I've done some research and found there are "running" bamboos and "clumping" bamboos. The running kind will sprout up all over the place and can be a real problem. The clumping type only expands out a little and is what we'll be using. It looks like the specific kind will be one called alphonse karr.

This post was edited

Let me try an understand this about JW's or anyone that you did not invite to your home. You feel you have the right to expose yourself to them. Then if I am also in a store or on the street talking to someone and someone bothers me besides the person I am talking to I can expose myself to scare them off. How can a person claim to be a nudist and fight for nudist rights and do something to tear down everything you are fighting for. No wonder people have such thoughts about nudists if this is the kind that is fighting for our rights to be nude. Nude is not being lewd.

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited

bump

This post was edited

Rabbitnbunny, if you invite them into your home you are allowed to do anything you want. But if you answer the door nude because you do not want that person knocking on your door, yes and I will repeat you are an exhibitionist or flasher who gets a THRILL from exposing yourself. Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings.

This post was edited