I don't understand nudism! What can you do nude that you can't do clothed?

This topic was edited
RE: Please don't reply 'Its good for your skin' or 'It is a natural way of life'

What can you do clothed that you can't do more comfortably nude?
Okay, smartass answer aside, to answer your question you can do everything nude or clothed. The only major difference (to me anyway) is what you feel more comfortable with. I like being free of the restrictions of clothes, so I do them nude. It's simple as that for me.

This post was edited
RE: Please don't reply 'Its good for your skin' or 'It is a natural way of life'

I can walk around my house naked, which is very different than walking around clothed!

This post was edited
Sorry if forum offends anyone. Please see my profile & info to see my thoughts.

This post was edited
RE: I don't understand nudism! What can you do nude that you can't do clothed?

If you don't understand, you have come to the right place. Grab your computer out of the basement and go out in your back yard. Strip down as far as you dare. Then soak up some sun while you read nearly every post in this forum. In a couple of days you will have learned a lot about us and yourself. If you have some more questions, post them (try not to ask like a troll next time). I'm sure one of us will be able to answer. Oh, and you really should try talking to another human while nude, over the phone is acceptable.

As to your first question: Some really fun things can only be done nude.
Skinny dipping/ chunky dunking.
Canoeding
Free-hiking
streaking (not really a nudist activity)
all over sun bathing /baking
The list goes on.

There is a clothed alternative to most of these activities but it's just not the same.
Ps, we can not see your profile information, as you have set it to private.

This post was edited
Please try to look at my profile info now.

If you don't understand, you have come to the right place. Grab your computer out of the basement and go out in your back yard. Strip down as far as you dare. Then soak up some sun while you read nearly every post in this forum. In a couple of days you will have learned a lot about us and yourself. If you have some more questions, post them (try not to ask like a troll next time). I'm sure one of us will be able to answer. Oh, and you really should try talking to another human while nude, over the phone is acceptable. As to your first question: Some really fun things can only be done nude. Skinny dipping/ chunky dunking.CanoedingFree-hikingstreaking (not really a nudist activity)all over sun bathing /bakingThe list goes on.There is a clothed alternative to most of these activities but it's just not the same.Ps, we can not see your profile information, as you have set it to private.

This post was edited

Enjoy the feeling of warm fresh air all over your body without having perspiration soaked pieces of cloth stuckto it.

This post was edited

Everything is more fun naked! If you don't get it, too bad for you!

This post was edited

Here are some of the reasons I like to do without clothes - this is not a list universally applicable to all nudists (there may be no such list) but I'm sure each of them is shared by a good number of folks:
1. Health. This is the traditional nudist byword, and often overblown. But I have a tendency to contact dermatitis and a mild form of psoriasis. Sunlight works well to control the latter. The former acts up wherever the skin is occluded - I can't wear a watch, for example, because my wrist breaks out. For street wear, I use a single layer of cotton clothing without belt or shoes; for heavy work I get out my clothes and shower every couple of hours. Being naked is better for me, and more convenient.
2. Poor taste in clothes. Any time you put on an article of clothing, you're making a statement. You've chosen casual or formal, clean or dirty, boxers or briefs. I don't really speak the language of clothes and don't feel represented by them.
3. Body image. It's an easy trap to fall into - if you're hiding something, there must be something to hide. I had trouble accepting the new body I got at adolescence. Social acceptance of that body - social nudism - has helped me outgrow those issues.
4. Convenience. Until you stop bothering, it's odd how accustomed you can be to all the fuss needed to keep some body covering at hand all the time - special clothes to get from the bedroom to bathroom, for swimming, for drying off, for sleeping.
5. Communication. The whole body communicates. Carriage, posture, skin tone matter. Slicing up the body line with fabric obscures it, and substitutes a manufactured message for the natural one.
6. Simplicity. I enjoy doing with the minimum consistent with health and happiness. I wear clothes when they help me. When they don't, I don't.

This post was edited

Being naked in a natural environment will heighten your senses and allow you to appreciate it more, be it a beach, a forest or a mountain.
Any form of nude exercise, be it running, hiking, etc conserves water as you sweat less and feel cooler as your body regulates it temperature far more efficiently when its working the way it was designed to. It feels better and allows you to go further and be fitter.

This post was edited

Well, lets just look at some of the things we do clothed......Swimming. I think its really crazy to take a perfectly dry piece of clothing and get it wet. Why not keep our dry clothes dry? Hiking...when we sweat, our dry clothes get saturated, which become a soggy mess and slows us down....and they retain the body heat...naked..we sweat and the water evaporates and in the process, cooling us down. If we get caught in a downpour, our skin is the best goretex nature has made. water resistant, yet breatheable!! The feeling of being clothed only by the sun, wind and water is something the textile only world can never appreciate!!

This post was edited