RE: if your a naturist why do you shave or cut hair

Can you seei the contridiction in terms of being naked in a social setting yet still grooming to look good ie shaving cutting hair, , if you modifying your looks in someway you may as well be fully clothed.If being naked is about being free. For example if your staying at a nudist resort wouldnt it be a contridiction to style your hair on your head before leave your room to be with others.Why is there one rule for face make up and hair and another rule for other parts of the body. iIt like they are saying accept my bottom and genital region as they are but my other areas are highly modified so you dont critisize. Because part of the person is modified and others arnt then the other parts seem to be the taboo area it looks more like exibitionism than a natural nudist life. I think a person should be either all modified including wearing clothes or all narutural with no clothes or modification anywhere..does anyone understand what i am trying to say?

We understand what you are saying but we don't agree with the extreme ends to which you are talking about. If you think that shaving and combing your hair is unnatural and rates up with wearing clothes then you will be searching for a long time to find a nudist that agrees with you. The things you are talking about are part of personal hygene. From what you have posted I have to wonder how many people stay near you after getting within smelling distance. Your idea of highly modified is so far out there that you would not wash your hair, comb your head or beard, put on deodorant, brush your teeth, or take a bath. Since something as simple as combing your hair is not natural in your opinion then you also don't use toilet paper after using the restroom. While naturists accept all body types there is a minimum expectation that you act like a civilized human and not like a 3rd world caveman.

This post was edited

Hi Im new here; i believe in being el natural that is i believe in being natural in appearance; as a result i have a huge red beard. Nudity to me is part of being natural just like not shaving or cutting hair is. im more of anaturist than a nudist. But i am a fan of nudity as it is part of being natural or like nature
I'll stick to the main question:

1) My wife doesn't like beards.

2) It's easierto shampoo when my head hair is shorter.

3) The rest of my bodyis whatit is.

This post was edited

Can you seei the contridiction in terms of being naked in a social setting yet still grooming to look good ie shaving cutting hair, , if you modifying your looks in someway you may as well be fully clothed.
We see no such contradiction, but if your desire is to look like a ragged, unwashed, naked hermit, that's your choice.
If being naked is about being free.
It's about being free of the textile obsession with clothing. It's not about being free of any attempt whatever to present the appearance of being civilized.
For example if your staying at a nudist resort wouldnt it be a contridiction to style your hair on your head before leave your room to be with others.
Would it also be a contradiction to bathe before leaving your room? After all, part of looking like a savage is maintaining the filth and vile odors of the savage.
Why is there one rule for face make up and hair and another rule for other parts of the body.
The former derives from millennia of cultural norms. The latter is unique to venues where other parts of the body are uncovered (and in nudist circles, ALL other parts), since out in Textile World, no one knows or cares that beneath your clothing you look like an ape.
iIt like they are saying accept my bottom and genital region as they are but my other areas are highly modified so you dont critisize.
That is hard to follow. I'm at a loss as to what it means.
Because part of the person is modified and others arnt then the other parts seem to be the taboo area it looks more like exibitionism than a natural nudist life. I think a person should be either all modified including wearing clothes or all narutural with no clothes or modification anywhere.
One fails to see where shaving of body hair is a "modification" to anything other than to appearance. Do a Google search for body modification to see what the term actually means. A haircut lasts until the hair grows back. A penile bisection or a cosmetic amputation is forever. Using terms inaccurately is not helping your position.
does anyone understand what i am trying to say?
We grasp the gist of it. We just don't agree with it.
=================================================

Set up a new group for those who like to keep it natural below!
No need. There are several threads and groups on the subject already.
oh i thought nudust where freeing themselfs of civilized rules no just clothes I was wrong i am going to drop the subject now
i hAvE a slightly more open mind on the subect now i was a little hurt by being called a hermit but i will try to take it that you were just emphazing your point

This post was edited

"Hermit" was used to evoke an image of a man living by himself, isolated from society and not bound by any of its conventions. Hygiene and grooming are not high on a hermit's to-do list. IAC, which would you say is more offensive?1. Being compared to a hermit;
2. Challenging our nudist philosophy and our commitment to naturism if we engage in good grooming practices.
i want to have friendly discussions so i dont want to react too much we should be able to have different opinions and still be friends

This post was edited

To answer the original question for myself: I trim my moustache short enough that the hairs don't get into my mouth. Otherwise I just stay clean and leave my body alone. BO may be natural, but so is bathing. "Natural" is not a moral guide and nature is not a moral force, for good or ill; it plainly includes both. It's barely meaningful and never useful to justify or condemn something because it's natural. I leave (most) of my hair uncut because I have better things to do with my time and attention, because I rather like my body the way it is, and because I don't like to use grooming signals to claim any sort of social position or status. I take the same attitude toward clothing. If "naturist" is a good slogan to attach to this set of practices, great, but I'm not gonna kick somebody out of the club for shaving or waxing or whatever, even if I don't quite understand why they bother. Their business, not mine to judge.

This post was edited

Q. if your a naturist why do you shave or cut hair

A. Because I want to

This post was edited
Why?

Different people shave for different reasons. I shave my head because, well, I'm a man and I'm rapidly balding. Personally, I find male pattern baldness to a blessing as my hair has always been unruly and a real pain to maintain. Since I've chosen to shave it all off, I've saved a ton on shampoo and visits to the barber. Good riddance. I've always thought shaved heads were sexy and so easily embraced the look. I've gotten a ton of compliments too -- lots of people (men and women) seem to find it attractive.
I shave the rest of my body because I like the way it looks and feels. Really that simple. No one else has to do it and I respect everyone else's choices. I I only ask that they do me the courtesy of respecting mine in return.

This post was edited