RE: When is a hug acceptable?

I agree with the 'if you do it clothed you should do it nude' idea. Just remember who you've hugged before, if you never hug them clothed then a nude hug may be a bit of a surprise.

This post was edited
Hugs

I love hugs! The funniest was when I had not been to the gym for some time and I am standing in the locker room with my jock strap at my feet and the manager comes out of the shower naked and hugs me! That was 30 sec of wonderful! We have always been friends so it was not a sex thing at all!

This post was edited

It's acceptable when you open your arms and the other person moves in for the hug.
It's unacceptable when the other person gives you a "I don't think so" look to your outstretched arms.

This post was edited

Hugs are needed for life.

This post was edited
Hugs

I think it depends on how well you know the person!

This post was edited

It's acceptable when you open your arms and the other person moves in for the hug. It's unacceptable when the other person gives you a "I don't think so" look to your outstretched arms.
Good point, no harm in turning those outstretched arms to a handshake if they have the "I don't think so" look. I'm a hugger if the other person is a hugger too. It's all good!

This post was edited

I met a girl online and then met her for the first time at a nudist venue. Honestly, I did not know what to do. Normally, clothed, I would certainly have hugged her but it just seemed a bit intimate to embrace nude.
Normally, I'll just spread my arms, making it very obvious that a hug is invited !
The intended recipient can either accept, or decline.
Clothed or not would make no difference.
In either case, the thought has been conveyed. It *is* the thought that counts, right ?

In the case you described, a first meeting, I'd probably have extended a hand, as if to shake her hand, then kissed the back of her hand.
Most men don't, and women seem to like a hand kiss more than many other things.
An unexpected and respectful pleasantry.
Clothed or not would make no difference.

Chivalry isn't dead, but it is rare these days.

This post was edited

I think these may be the 3 key things from prior posts...

It may depend on how well you know the person. Long time acquintance or friend, no issue. Someone you just meet maybe.

It's acceptable when you open your arms and the other person moves in for the hug.

It's unacceptable when the other person gives you a "I don't think so" look to your outstretched arms.

This post was edited

You know what they say! A hug a day keeps the doctor away!

This post was edited
Hugs

I wish I was a hugger, but I am not. When I'm caught in a hug, I too do not feel anything sexual. It's just a greeting or a way of saying good bye.

This post was edited