RE: A way around the law. US

I did not get to read all of the posts, But could someone tell me if religion is the answer. Then for health reasons I vote to worship the SUN with my whole body naked so it can take in more of the suns vitamins. The Sun is my God. It supplies me with nutrients to sustain life. Either from the suns rays to our naked bodies, or to provide photosynthesis that plants need to grow and provide nutrition for our food. I am sure Native American Indians had the Sun as one of their Gods.
If someone has already addressed this issue please advise me so I can read it. Thanks

This post was edited

OK Yeah Great idea.
If it can work for Rastafarians and the
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monsterthen it can work for us !I'm just ignoring all that off topic political stuff.
Religions are World Wide not just for the USA so let's get with this.
Suggestions for
Name
Deity
Belief StructureI like the idea of being based on Christianity because it gives a good "believable" basisThere are many Variations of Christianity based on differing interpretations of the bible. eg Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons etc etc

This post was edited

So I have been rolling something around in my head that I want to throw out there. First let me tell you all about me (Tim). Marine for 8 years. I think very logical and something that really tweaks me is when people use things the wrong way. For example, clothes are meant to protect you. From the sun, dangers at work an so on. At least that is how I see it.Enough about me. So my idea about getting around the law is to create a religion, I do not know a whole lot about how to do it but I have googled it and found it may actually be pretty easy. Something as simple and worshipping the Christian god but believing that god wanted to us to be nude rather they eat from the tree of knowledge and cover our selves.If I understand my rights, and I may very well not. Would then freedom of religion give us the right to be nude anywhere?Also just a side note, I think that nude protests about things other then nudist rights is offensive.NUT CASE LOL :P

This post was edited

So I have been rolling something around in my head that I want to throw out there. First let me tell you all about me (Tim). Marine for 8 years. I think very logical and something that really tweaks me is when people use things the wrong way. For example, clothes are meant to protect you. From the sun, dangers at work an so on. At least that is how I see it.Enough about me. So my idea about getting around the law is to create a religion, I do not know a whole lot about how to do it but I have googled it and found it may actually be pretty easy. Something as simple and worshipping the Christian god but believing that god wanted to us to be nude rather they eat from the tree of knowledge and cover our selves.If I understand my rights, and I may very well not. Would then freedom of religion give us the right to be nude anywhere?Also just a side note, I think that nude protests about things other then nudist rights is offensive.NUT CASE LOL :P
Yup, and hasn't posted here in two years

This post was edited

You can certainly have a church where people attend naked, or can have gatherings under the appropriate permits, but to be able to go naked anywhere on your own as an adherence to your faith would be a tough sell. There is already precedence for the state to deny your rights. For example, many states require Muslim women to remove their head coverings to get a driver license photo. The issue would have to be tested, you get arrested, go through a trial, appeal...and so on.
Personally, I believe all laws against nudity are unconstitutional on the basis that being nude harms no one, does not deny others the right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness, and does deny it for the nudist. I wish it could be tested someday, but I doubt anyone would take it seriously enough.

This post was edited

Over 30 years ago there was a "Nude Church" in Ames, IA home to ISU. They had weekly nude worships. I have not been able to find any references to it since.

This post was edited