RE: A way around the law. US

Wish you luck. The Puritans kinda screwed things for those who try to think with an open mind many many years ago and some how it contiues. Just my opinion.

This post was edited

I think a religion that believes clothes separate us from the world we're a part of would be interesting. FWIW:https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Religion discusses the legal definition...
I participated in the World Nake Bike Ride last year, which isn't really about nudity itself, though many that participate make it so. I just thought it was fun myself, but made it about nudity when I had the opportunity to talk about it; I suspect the same could be done for any "nude protest".

This post was edited

If anyone joins a nude protest be sure it is in a city with a large jail. It is going to get crowded fast.

This post was edited

Back to Religion! This should make for good mudslinging thread!!

This post was edited

Oh Brucie, you're the one who hijacked the thread by taking it from a discussion of a nudist religion to one of your patented screeds against Obama. Your lack of self-awareness is staggering. Can you not even acknowledge what you do? Man up.

This post was edited

Yes- back to the thread-Religion.Catholicism is the way. The teaching of the Church-of Christ--anyone interested in it-on any issue-can refer to the Catechism for starters. It's the policy manual, so to speak for Catholics. It's hard to argue with the positions; for example, the Death Penalty- I personally prefer it, but I reluctantly defer to the Church's position because it is consistent with the principles of Life.Many people condemn Catholicism for the perceived condemnation of sinners, when in fact, the Church condemns sin and preaches forgiveness and the continuous and imperfect pursuit away from sin. Another example is Homosexuality-the Church preaches that gays should be treated with the same Love and dignity as anyone else.Regarding nudity---not sure if it is addressed in the Catechism---but nudity itself is wholesome, but sin connected with it is not---this is very much consistent with the principles of nudism.Ok, there you go. Batten down the hatches folks....it may get a bit stormy in here.Thanks for that advertisement for Catholicism! Catholicism might be the way for YOU! However, it's not the only way. Please refrain from using the forums as your media for pushing the Catholic agenda.
Now, let us return to the discussion at hand... Rules and laws covering the religious freedoms. All religions!

This post was edited

Religion - The biggest con game ever perpetrated on the human race.

This post was edited

I did't actually start this thread to talk about any current religions, more to ask the question, if a religion was started where nudity was a way of life would the laws that restrict nudism apply to those who follow that religion. I recall a court case about polygamy that the defendant lost even though it was his religious belief. (Recall from research as I believe it happened in the late 1800s.

This post was edited

A few years back a polygamist was sent for a long stay at the expense of the government. They didn't convict him for his many wives and 40 some kids. They convicted him for fraud because he falsified forms for getting his wives and kids on welfare. In this case the government did not argue the merits of multiple marriages.

This post was edited

A few years back a polygamist was sent for a long stay at the expense of the government. They didn't convict him for his many wives and 40 some kids. They convicted him for fraud because he falsified forms for getting his wives and kids on welfare. In this case the government did not argue the merits of multiple marriages.An actual response, thank you. That is helpful.

This post was edited