Neighbors

I moved to my new location about 4 years ago. I like to have at least one nude day a week. At my old location, my next door neighbor saw me naked through my sliding doors in my kitchen. She was planting flowers by our adjoining fence when she saw me. Later that day she knocked on my door to let me know that I could be seen . When I asked , she said that she was not offended , which was a relief. She told me not to worry about it even after I let her know that I am like this at least one day a week.
My new neighbors were not so understanding when they caught a glimpse of me though the side dining room window. I got a knock on the door telling me to close my blinds when Im walking around in the nude . There goes the thought of sunbathing in the nude on my deck . lol
Does anyone have any similiar stories.

This topic was edited
RE:Neighbors

Sounds like its time to move.

This post was edited

Maybe you should have told your neighbors to keep their noses out of the inside of your house. Be that as it may, it's best to be aware of these issues and do your best to get along. Not all neighbors are as tolerant and understanding. After reading some of these stories, I'm really thankful for the ones we have and have had.

The house we lived in prior to this current home, I had gone to the neighbors we were closest to and told them we were moving. The woman across the street said she was sad for two reasons; 1) because we were such good neighbors and friends and 2) because she was going to miss watching me clean the pool and do yardwork while naked, on the side of the house where she had a view from her upstairs master bedroom. I thought I had plenty of privacy screening but I thought wrong! :D

This post was edited

maybe my last neighbour thought the same

This post was edited

Hey you are legally within the privacy of your own home.
Are you a lawyer? Licensed to practice in the OP's place of residence?

There have been cases of people being charged - and I believe convicted - of indecent exposure while nude in their homes. The one I'm particularly thinking of was a guy drinking coffee in his front window when a mother and child passed by. In many (most? all?) jurisdictions you are considered "in public" if you can be seen from a public place - e.g. the road.

This post was edited

The law does vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Here in PA, seeing you naked is all it would take. Neighbors might be understanding, or they might not. Once a report is filed with local law enforcement, it will be investigated.

This post was edited

Hey you are legally within the privacy of your own home.Are you a lawyer? Licensed to practice in the OP's place of residence?There have been cases of people being charged - and I believe convicted - of indecent exposure while nude in their homes. The one I'm particularly thinking of was a guy drinking coffee in his front window when a mother and child passed by. In many (most? all?) jurisdictions you are considered "in public" if you can be seen from a public place - e.g. the road.

That's true, he was convicted but never jailed or fined. He was appealing the decision. As of that previous article, an updated article was posted.
He was later acquitted of all charges.

There is some obvious inconsistencies and quite a bit of "he said/she said". Who do you believe? Is there a bit or a lot of exhibitionism in some nudists or those that like being naked at home? Is this guy really a nudist or just some guy that got his jollies exposing himself to others? At any rate, he was acquitted. Speaks enough to the fact that if you're just naked in your home and not intentionally exposing yourself to others or making lewd gestures, the ruling could go your way, but at what cost?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/07/va-man-acquitted-flashing-passers-home.html

This post was edited

Caution needs to be exercised, especially where the textile world interfaces with the naturist world. In this VA case, it cost the accused time to appear over months of court proceedings and he incurred thousands in attorney's fees and court costs for his defense. Intent (not proved) is also written into the laws.

According to YNA, Virginia law 18.2-387 Indecent exposure: Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present.

Where I live, in PA, 3127. Indecent exposure: (a) Offense defined.A person commits indecent exposure if that person exposes his or her genitals in any public place or in any place where there are present other persons under circumstances in which he or she knows or should know that this conduct is likely to offend, affront or alarm.

This post was edited

Hey you are legally within the privacy of your own home.Are you a lawyer? Licensed to practice in the OP's place of residence?There have been cases of people being charged - and I believe convicted - of indecent exposure while nude in their homes. The one I'm particularly thinking of was a guy drinking coffee in his front window when a mother and child passed by. In many (most? all?) jurisdictions you are considered "in public" if you can be seen from a public place - e.g. the road.

This guy appealed and it was found that the woman was NOT just passing by and had actually gone onto the man's property and stood on tip-toe to see into his window, He was acquitted.

She SHOULD have been charged with trespass an, voyeurism, and invasion of privacy.

This post was edited

2) because she was going to miss watching me clean the pool and do yardwork while naked, on the side of the house where she had a view from her upstairs master bedroom. I thought I had plenty of privacy screening but I thought wrong! :D

If you can see the window, they can see you through the window....

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Didn't figure she was going to stand on the window seat to look over the tree I thought was block the view. ;p

This post was edited