RE:Neighbors

I've always lived in areas that were either secluded from my neighbors view or where concrete wall was 8 ft high and only way to see my backyard was to be on a ladder or step stool. This is not to say I haven't been caught or seen by neighbors, UPS delivery, gardeners or pool service workers, etc.; just that when that happens they were intruding and I wasn't doing it intentionally or at least the guilt was on them and not me. Getting caught actually turns me on and sometimes I am quick to cover up, while other times I will just cover my bottom and continue sunning and other times if it's the gardener at the neighbors just pretend I am sleeping or didn't notice.

This post was edited

Why be angry? Just get naked, lay back and enjoy. If someone intrudes and sees you - they have seen your true self. They are the intruder so have no right to get upset.

This post was edited

In any situation, it's nice when "common sense" prevails!

This post was edited

This thread shows how every situation is unique. I was luckier than I would have expected in the small conservative town where I live. I had arranged my back yard so it was private on the sides, but the back is open to neighbors behind. I broached the topic one time about me being shirtless and brief shorts, and the guys who lived behind indicated that the didn't care how little I wore if anything. Then my next door neighbor came upon me nude in the patio one day and when I scrambled for cover said that what I do in my yard is my business. He now visits me when I am nude in the house. We have never discussed this with his wife, but I consider myself pretty lucky. I hope it holds out. The house behind has a new owner, who I will approach about a privacy fence. Or, maybe he just won't care either.

This post was edited

This thread shows how every situation is unique. I was luckier than I would have expected in the small conservative town where I live. I had arranged my back yard so it was private on the sides, but the back is open to neighbors behind. I broached the topic one time about me being shirtless and brief shorts, and the guys who lived behind indicated that the didn't care how little I wore if anything. Then my next door neighbor came upon me nude in the patio one day and when I scrambled for cover said that what I do in my yard is my business. He now visits me when I am nude in the house. We have never discussed this with his wife, but I consider myself pretty lucky. I hope it holds out. The house behind has a new owner, who I will approach about a privacy fence. Or, maybe he just won't care either.

Sounds like you've got great neighbors! Lucky man!

This post was edited

TNbinudist: Welcome to True Nudists. For a two week member you have a cool story to tell us already. I would never have asserted myself the way you did, and I congratulate you for setting a logical, reasonable tone with those neighbors. And your profile has some interesting stuff.

This post was edited

thanks,

This post was edited

This has always been an area where we feel that voyeurs, pervs and exhibitionists give real nudists get a bad name. Real nudists are not exhibitionists and really don't enjoy or get off being 'caught' by the delivery person or the nosy next door neighbor. Real nudists also do not 'force' those that do not appreciate nude living to change their lifestyles to compensate for their lack of sensitivity and not taking some basic precautions to protect their privacy.

As a responsible neighbor one should always make sure that your state of undress is not easily visible from any public or neighboring property. This is easily accomplished with the judicious placement of screening materials such as plants, shutters, awnings, patio covers, shade structures, etc.

Keep in mind that you have the lifestyle that is considered abnormal and, therefore, bear the responsibility to not unnecessarily expose others to it. It is up to you to protect your privacy.

This post was edited

As a responsible neighbor one should always make sure that your state of undress is not easily visible from any public or neighboring property. This is easily accomplished with the judicious placement of screening materials such as plants, shutters, awnings, patio covers, shade structures, etc..

Im not advocating exhibitionism but disagree. The more we hide and the more we make big efforts to block views we are just propagating the idea we are doing something wrong and feeding societys view that nudism is wrong.

This post was edited

I like your comment fullsun

This post was edited