What makes you a Confident Naked person?

Some members have become confident being naked because of nudism. Others have always been confident but are not confident being naked. For those that are Confident being Naked, what specifically has made you a confident naked person. For those that are not yet confident being naked, what do you expect to gain from joining this group?

This topic was edited
RE:What makes you a Confident Naked person?

I'd hid my nudism for most of my life, being someone who lacked any confidence. Then I joined TN. Involvement with other nudists boosted my confidence. I was soon going on my first nude holiday - naked in front of others. I got such a warm welcome! The only way was forward. My confidence, holidays and social nudism have all grown since. Now I'm more confident when naked than when clothed. I'm my true self. Everyone around me knows I'm a nudist. We refer to it often. And I am frequently the only (or first) one naked. I check that nudity is ok in that place first, then just get naked.

This post was edited

This is hard to define. What is a confident naked person.

I basically get naked straight away at the CO beaches I go to, walk happily wherever without bothering and don't care who walks by as I get some sun. Is that being a confident naked person or just comfortable at a CO beach as the laws allow (being naked on a public beach).

Also comfortable at home with my wife and in our yard. I don't try to draw attention to myself (the yard is pretty private but there are works going one nearby and we have gaps in our boundary hedge) but I happily walk around gardening. Is that confident of comfortable / relaxed?

I'm happy to be naked in change rooms and don't cover up going to and from the shower. Comfortable or confident?

This post was edited

Not going to call myself a 100% confident person. There are times I feel unsure too. But I did learned to, and Naturism played a big part in that, accept myself for who I am. And if someone else doens't like me it is their problem, not mine.

This post was edited

I don't know that any of us are truly 100% confident with our lives and nudism. Many would like to think so but I don't think we can be. Nudism certainly has helped my wife gain confidence in herself. She has set backs now and then but a trip to the club or a resort and she's back to herself again.

I think you are a pretty confident woman! ;D

This post was edited

What I call "situational confidence" is actually pretty normal. Until we live in a nudist world it's going to be hard getting to "100% confident."

My wife's confidence will vary based on location and the people around us. And even what "kind of day" she's having. If she's having a "high confidence day" she has no problem staying naked in the resort pool area all day; sunning, swimming, and walking around interacting with other nudists without a trace of self-consciousness about being naked in front of them. But if something feels "off", her level of confidence goes down and she might not be as comfortable being "openly nude." That might even fluctuate in the course of a day; and I have no problem adapting to whatever level of confidence she's feeling. I can accept the fact that she's not going to be as confident naked in "any situation anywhere around anyone."

I don't subscribe to the idea that if you're not confident naked "whenever and wherever"; then you're not "truly" confident naked. Confidence is much more nuanced than that. Even my first wife - who would sometimes be the "first person in the room" naked and demonstrated an "uninhibited attitude" about any part of her naked body being "in full view" - had her moments of "wavering confidence." It's only natural.

This post was edited

E' difficile poter dire che uno sempre sicuro al 100%, ma il naturismo mi ha aiutato ad essere una persona pi semplice e pi sicura di me

This post was edited

Yes. It also depends on my mood. Hormones. They can change how I feel very quickly. And it's not like you can disable them. Sometimes so jealous of my partner's happy balanced without a care in the world male hormones! ^_^

This post was edited

Yes. It also depends on my mood. Hormones. They can change how I feel very quickly. And it's not like you can disable them. Sometimes so jealous of my partner's happy balanced without a care in the world male hormones! ^_^

But with the right person by your side, they are able to help you get through those changing moods or at least be understanding to them. Di has the same hormonal mood swings and went through a tough time during menopause. We didn't visit any clubs or resorts and made lots of trips to the nude beach, only to get back in the car within minutes and returned home. I would just go with the flow and not rock the boat. I was just glad it wasn't me going through that but I was quite supportive. I was all I could do. But... we guys have hormonal mood swings, too! Most of us have that happy balance because of the woman we have in our life. ;-)

This post was edited

Yes. It also depends on my mood. Hormones. They can change how I feel very quickly. And it's not like you can disable them. Sometimes so jealous of my partner's happy balanced without a care in the world male hormones! ^_^But with the right person by your side, they are able to help you get through those changing moods or at least be understanding to them. Di has the same hormonal mood swings and went through a tough time during menopause. We didn't visit any clubs or resorts and made lots of trips to the nude beach, only to get back in the car within minutes and returned home. I would just go with the flow and not rock the boat. I was just glad it wasn't me going through that but I was quite supportive. I was all I could do. But... we guys have hormonal mood swings, too! Most of us have that happy balance because of the woman we have in our life. ;-)

That's what makes a good and a happy and healthy relationship; to help and support and be there for each other. And give each other the time you need: be patient. If he is having a down day I give him all the time he needs and do what I can to make him feel better again. Things I know he loves to do. And so does he.

This post was edited

Yes. It also depends on my mood. Hormones. They can change how I feel very quickly. And it's not like you can disable them. Sometimes so jealous of my partner's happy balanced without a care in the world male hormones! ^_^But with the right person by your side, they are able to help you get through those changing moods or at least be understanding to them. Di has the same hormonal mood swings and went through a tough time during menopause. We didn't visit any clubs or resorts and made lots of trips to the nude beach, only to get back in the car within minutes and returned home. I would just go with the flow and not rock the boat. I was just glad it wasn't me going through that but I was quite supportive. I was all I could do. But... we guys have hormonal mood swings, too! Most of us have that happy balance because of the woman we have in our life. ;-)That's what makes a good and a happy and healthy relationship; to help and support and be there for each other. And give each other the time you need: be patient. If he is having a down day I give him all the time he needs and do what I can to make him feel better again. Things I know he loves to do. And so does he.

And sometimes he has to have lots of patience ^_^

This post was edited