RE:Does your partner have issues being nude?

I struggle to post sometimes because I don't want to rehash what I have previously posted in other groups, forum or sites. This is one of those times. Luann and I got together and excitedly took to home nudism when we discovered it by accident together. Something like that was the polar opposite of her very conservative up bringing. It was social nudity she was absolutely terrified of. 15 years later she overcame that as I was going to go social and if you know her and I you know that we are joined at the hip.

Since the very 1st home party we were invited and attended she discovered she really loved them and began hosting at our house. There is one thing, I wouldn't call it an issue I had to let go and quit trying to figure out. If she is hosting a home nude party she does not feel comfortable herself being nude at companies arrival. On the other hand if we are attending a party she prefers the host be nude on arrival as I. At our club I can't explain it and once again stopped trying to figure it out, she could be naked for 2 days and all of a sudden feel the need to wear a sarong and always dress for a club carry in lunch or supper.

She has been seen naked by literally thousands of other nudist, 1st one undressed many times at parties thus my head scratching of the forementioned but I'll roll with it. She does not care to be nude in front non-nudist though it has happened. Example would be outside contractors at the club however the crew on nude cruises wasn't a thought. Another bit of a head scratcher.

This post was edited

hi dad,
you are married to a wonderful woman. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))
and, one who enjoys being nude when she wants to. that's more than good enough. thank her every day.
remember the commercial jingle, " sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you don't."

besides, it's not in our job description to make our spouses over into "little me's".

This post was edited

I struggle to post sometimes because I don't want to rehash what I have previously posted in other groups, forum or sites. This is one of those times. Luann and I got together and excitedly took to home nudism when we discovered it by accident together. Something like that was the polar opposite of her very conservative up bringing. It was social nudity she was absolutely terrified of. 15 years later she overcame that as I was going to go social and if you know her and I you know that we are joined at the hip.Since the very 1st home party we were invited and attended she discovered she really loved them and began hosting at our house. There is one thing, I wouldn't call it an issue I had to let go and quit trying to figure out. If she is hosting a home nude party she does not feel comfortable herself being nude at companies arrival. On the other hand if we are attending a party she prefers the host be nude on arrival as I. At our club I can't explain it and once again stopped trying to figure it out, she could be naked for 2 days and all of a sudden feel the need to wear a sarong and always dress for a club carry in lunch or supper.She has been seen naked by literally thousands of other nudist, 1st one undressed many times at parties thus my head scratching of the forementioned but I'll roll with it. She does not care to be nude in front non-nudist though it has happened. Example would be outside contractors at the club however the crew on nude cruises wasn't a thought. Another bit of a head scratcher.

Rock, Di has done similar things at similar times. Though we don't attend many home nudist parties, we do entertain our close nudist friends and visit them occasionally at their homes. For Di and for our closest female nudist friend, it seems to be a routine thing. Neither of them are comfortable in a new setting, and even in settings where they've both been to many times but there's been a lax in time since they've done it, they'll revert to acting as if it's new to them. Example; if our Colorado friends come here to stay or we go to their home to stay, both Di and our female friend will go take their clothes off and slip on a sheer house dress or sarong. Our male friend and I will emerge bare ass naked and remain that way. After a short time, sometimes while we're sitting and catching up, the girls will take the house dress off or untie the sarong and be naked. It's something neither I or our male friend understand and something we've lived with so we don't try to figure it out, we just know they do some things differently.

Di seems totally unfazed by being greeted at the door by nudist friends or party hosts but would always answer the door covered to nudists, if we were hosting. She's most likely and has, as a matter of fact, prepared snacks and drinks and main meals, while covered but will eat naked! ;D

Di is like Luann with regards to construction workers at clubs or resorts. Di will be roaming all over the club or resort without a stitch but as soon as outside contractors are present, out come the shirts, sarongs or dresses. For Di, she always says, "I'm not on display for non nudists." In contrast, there are many residents at our club that work for the club in various capacities. While working, they must be clothed and Di will wonder about the club naked in front of them. She's seen them many times and seen them naked around the pool deck so she feels differently around them.

Di dislikes being watched. She likes routine and likes to know the routine so she doesn't look like a newbie. She can be a little clumsy in first time visits to various places and she always feels everyone is watching her. No matter how many times I tell her, "no one's paying attention," she still feels that way and I gave up trying to get her to understand. It's enough that they live this life with us and go willingly to nudist places and functions that we take what we get but you're not alone. I've scratched my head many times as well! :DDD

This post was edited

When I first started dating my wife she always slept in the nude as did I. A few weeks into dating I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach in Miami and she said sure. I told her well its a clothing optional beach and I take the option of being naked and I told her if you wanna keep your stuff on or just go topless that was OK. Well we get there and walk onto the beach and she sees all the naked people. We go to an empty set of chairs and umbrella, the guy comes over and I pay him, I turn around and shes already naked, I was like oh yeah I have a keeper here lol. I said damn that was quick, she says well Ive been here before. I said why didnt you tell me she said you didnt ask..
Next trip was to Cypress Cove she loved the place and wanted to buy one of the homes in there for weekends.
Weve been to cypress, Haulover beach, on nude cruises 2019 will be our fifth, gone to nude home parties she will lay out naked bu, whenever she gets up she puts a see through wrap on wheather we are eating or just walking around the area. I cant figure it out either but hey she enjoys everything to do with nudity so I can live with that small desire..

This post was edited

When I first started dating my wife she always slept in the nude as did I. A few weeks into dating I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach in Miami and she said sure. I told her well its a clothing optional beach and I take the option of being naked and I told her if you wanna keep your stuff on or just go topless that was OK. Well we get there and walk onto the beach and she sees all the naked people. We go to an empty set of chairs and umbrella, the guy comes over and I pay him, I turn around and shes already naked, I was like oh yeah I have a keeper here lol. I said damn that was quick, she says well Ive been here before. I said why didnt you tell me she said you didnt ask..
Next trip was to Cypress Cove she loved the place and wanted to buy one of the homes in there for weekends.
Weve been to cypress, Haulover beach, on nude cruises 2019 will be our fifth, gone to nude home parties she will lay out naked bu, whenever she gets up she puts a see through wrap on wheather we are eating or just walking around the area. I cant figure it out either but hey she enjoys everything to do with nudity so I can live with that small desire..

This post was edited

My current partner has been skinny dipping with me. It wasnt hard to convince her, but its been hard to get her to go out to places during the day. She doesnt have body image issues per se, she just says shes got boundaries. I think it will take time, but shell come around.

This post was edited

My wife (newly married here) tried nudism at Club O. a couple of years back. She went topless right away (she also goes brafree a lot so toplessness is not a problem for her) and after a little encouragement she agreed to skinny-dip. She enjoyed swimming and strolling nude at the beach; but disliked the nude beach "atmosphere." Let's just say she got more attention than she was comfortable with.

Subsequently she said "no more" to nudism. So I knew I had to put nudism for us "on the shelf"; at least for a while.

Last week nudism came up as a topic of conversation. We started chatting about resort nudism; the first real conversation about nudism since St Martin. By "real" I mean she participated in the conversation, asked questions and provided feedback. As I explained the differences between the nudist resort environment and the nude beach, I could see that her mind was opening up to a new possibility. I told her I would enjoy visiting a resort; but not without her. I asked her to share her thoughts, and much to my surprise, said "Yes! Let's go!!" So we are planning a trip to Sunny Haven. She is on board for giving nudism another shot.

My wife's issue with nudity is pretty much the same as many other women. It's not so much nudity per se that stops her; it's the idea of being judged, stared at, or objectified by others while naked. Which is exactly what happened at Club O. Sunny Haven appears to have large grounds and opportunity for privacy, so my plan is to set up a nice picnic for us away from the crowd. Hopefully along the way we'll meet nudists and my wife can get to socialize without the added pressure of feeling "watched." We'll see what happens.

At any rate, some environments work better for some wives. The trick is finding which one it is. And even then you can never really be sure what happens and how she will react to it.

This post was edited

My wife doesn't have any issues with me being nude at home or at the beach/resort but she has no intention of joining me. She just doesn't care to be seen or seeing people naked. She's not a prude, just not her thing. We've talked about getting a little camper and me taking it to Cypress Cove. I keep telling her in if we get it she's going to have to join me. We'll see she says.

Btw: I don't know who this woman is on my post here but she is getting a lot of exposure. ;-)

This post was edited

:DDD... my wife has issues with not being nude! ;D

We've been prepping for a vacation and been packing and unpacking and repacking. She's going nuts trying to figure out what to pack for a textile cruise. She got frustrated and came into the office and said, "it's so much easier when we just go someplace to be naked!" We have to pack for dinners and shore excursions so we're taking larger suitcases than we normally do. We are carryon travelers and recently visited Italy for 16 days and did it all with a carryon and a backpack each.

She also said, " when we get back, we need to go on a naked vacation!" So... nah, my wife doesn't seem to have an issue with being nude, lately!" :DDD

and just a few minutes ago; we're headed out to get pedicures. She really enjoys them and I like them and like to keep my feet nice for her, and me! She was walking around naked and sort of stalling. I asked, "aren't you going to get dressed so we can go?" She replied, " I don't want to get dressed... but I really need the pedicure!" :DDD

This post was edited

Annie will come outside in the back and sit nude with me on occasion but usually prefers to be dressed.
Cypress Cove was a different story! She told me she wasn't going to be naked and not to bug her about it.
I planned to honor her request but she was out of her clothes in 5 minutes when we were poolside!!!

She had some body issues. Mostly from a series of surgeries she went through. Not being able to be active for 7 years made her fairly weak and she put on extra weight. I think it bothered her more because she didn't have the figure she used to. When she saw some of the vacationers at Cypress, she felt pretty good about herself! :-) There were many women with scars, mastectomies and a lot of poundage!!!!
Now she's back to her normal size again and feeling pretty good about herself and looks great!
She's excited to go back to Cypress next month!

Speaking of manicures and pedicures, I'm not one to indulge but Annie loves her pamper time. Mine is the Spa.
I probably need to go though. Spending so much time in the garden barefoot and being too impatient to grab my gloves, the edges of all my nails are stained with an orange Georgia clay hue! My cuticles look like crap and I've ground down my fingernails to nubs because my hands are too often my shovels.
Maybe before our trip I'll clean up. It will probable require a wire brush! I think the soles on my Merrells are softer than my feet!

This post was edited