RE:Cruise ship balconies

Another option to be on the safe side, is to join next time to a nudist cruise ship. cruisebare.com have three cruise ships per year. However, I think the packages are way overpriced, but if you can afford it, you can be nude not only on the balcony but all over the boat as well.

My wife is uncomfortable being nude or around anyone who is nude other than me, so that is not an option.

This post was edited

Another option to be on the safe side, is to join next time to a nudist cruise ship. cruisebare.com have three cruise ships per year. However, I think the packages are way overpriced, but if you can afford it, you can be nude not only on the balcony but all over the boat as well.My wife is uncomfortable being nude or around anyone who is nude other than me, so that is not an option.

My wife is not a nudist so no way would she want to go on a nude cruise. Believe me, we've talked.

This post was edited

Been naked on my balcony many times on a non-nude cruise. However, I only do this on sea days. I try to be careful to look in the balcony glass railing to be sure that my reflection is not showing in the neighboring balcony glass, too. One time I actually saw my neighbor (whom I never saw otherwise) come out on to his balcony naked by the reflection on his balcony glass railing when I was already out on my balcony. That was kind of cool.

This post was edited

I just need to take a bloody vacation period. Other than the Jet Catamarans that go across to Catalina Island, I have never been on a large ship ... naked or otherwise. The main reason? I am single and do not want to pay for "double occupancy". I would love to go on a nude barefoot cruise, but I think I would prefer the smaller sail boats or smaller yachts to "the big boat". 5000 people on a boat is just not my cup of tea. I would rather be with a few dozen or perhaps as much as 100 other nude folks.

But in line with the discussion, I would agree with Andy, and if I ever did go on a non-nude cruise, I would not hesitate to go out on my "private" balcony nude, and damned be the person who violated my expectation of privacy by looking around the wall.

Just Sayin'

Don

This post was edited

I say; scope out your surroundings and go for it. If someone looks and sees you, it's on them, not on you. Your privacy starts at the end of their nose! They advertise the staterooms with "private balcony," private mean private to me!

If the balcony is sold as private and somebody sees you naked on it there are three possibilities:
(a) You do not wish to be seen in which case you have a valid claim against the tour company for misrepresentation.
(b) They object to seeing you in which case they have a valid claim against the tour company for misrepresentation.
(c) Nobody bothers about it.

This post was edited

I think it is fairly common when the ships are in warm water area for people to be nude or less clothing when in a Veranda or Balcony on a regular cruise ship. I just put sleeping on the door and often walk on the inside and outside nude. I think the ones nest to me a couple did the same. It is hard to see, I was and wife went topless. As long as you do not do it when in port you are okay.

This post was edited

Cruise starts tomorrow. Intend to try the balcony nude while at sea. Will sit on a towel near one edge so I can throw the long side over my lap in the event of someone looking around the divider unexpectedly.

This post was edited

Sitting nude on my balcony as I type. Had some nude time out here this morning also, butthen had to put on a swimsuit because I wanted to go to the pool, and add t shirt and sandals to go to lunch since this ship doesn't have a poolside lunch.

This post was edited

I have been naked on the balcony on a cruise ship in the past I say go for it!!

This post was edited

Another option to be on the safe side, is to join next time to a nudist cruise ship. cruisebare.com have three cruise ships per year. However, I think the packages are way overpriced, but if you can afford it, you can be nude not only on the balcony but all over the boat as well.

We do both and the cost is the same for us since we get a balcony on textile cruises and an inside cabin for nude cruises. We don't need the balcony on the nude cruise since we do take advantage of being able to go nude throughout the ship. Just got back from a week-long nude cruise (10 days if you count the travel days and the 2 days at Lake Como) yesterday and doing the laundry... all three sets of t-shirts, shorts, socks and underwear.

As far as going naked on the balcony on a textile cruise... why do you think we get the balcony in the first place? We stay far enough back that you can't look down from cabins above and usually head out at night and maybe a morning or afternoon on a sea day if the sun is on our side of the ship. If a neighbor looks around the partition and then complains, we will complain that they are looking around the partition. We don't do it while in port.

This post was edited