RE:Most resent books read.

I read "Program for a Healthy Brain" by Russell Blaylock published 2008. He suggests: avoiding polyunsaturated fats, flax seed oil ,glutamate, processed foods,and sugar. Use extra virgin olive oil eat fruits and vegetables and drink filtered water and exercise every day and avoid beef.

This post was edited

My most recent was The Lost City of Z by David Grann. It is the story of the explorer Percy Fawcett, who disappeared in the Amazon in his obsessive quest to find a lost city.

This post was edited

I also like history, as well as many other subjects. I'm currently about halfway through Gibbons' "History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". It's going slowly - I generally get through about ten pages a night, just before going to bed.

This post was edited
RE:Most recent books read.

I recently read Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and also So You Want to Talk About Race. I really recommend the latter to white people who don't know where to start learning about racism, or who understand the basics but want to build vocabulary for talking about anti-racism or start correcting behaviors they may not have realized they were doing that helped perpetuate societal racism. (I also recommend the former book for people who are into spy novels. It's a classic.)

This post was edited

I think the tinker book was made into a mini series with Tom Huddleston

This post was edited

Slogging my way through Annie Proulx's Barkskins right now. She's a good writer, but it's a thick novel, and it is a slog. Just read Swimming in the Dark, by Tomasz Jedrowski: a gay coming-of-age novel set in Poland in the years just before the fall of the Soviet empire; fascinating.

Allen

This post was edited