RE:What makes you a Confident Naked person?

I was at the beach earlier this week, a warm day, perfect for it. Walked the 1k from the carpark through the textile section to where the CO part starts (clothed, I'm not trying to cause trouble). Found a spot, stripped and had a swim, then lay down to dry. A group of young people (2 girls & a guy initially, then 2 more guys) set up about 20m from me but stayed clothed. Other nudie guys continued to go for a swim near them, they seemed to be laughing so I walked past also (I'm more confident doing that now) as if to say hey this is CO turf and what we are doing is legal and also enjoyable. I then walked the full distance of the CO beach around the point, passing lots of textiles and a few nudies, I'm now confident doing that which I would not have a couple of years ago. I think this has come with time, experience and also in reading from others experiences on this site, their posts and realising what I'm doing is fine. Also I try to stay reasonably fit for my age and when the tan comes along I think that helps me feel more confident and that I am a nudist and am allowed to do what I do which includes walking for miles naked on a CO beach. I also have an aim to normalise nudity (see that topic on this site) via being nude, friendly and behaving well when naked. Steve.

This post was edited

Yeah, I sorta feel the same way about asserting the option to be nude once in the CO zone. The vibe is different at Sunnyside as the ones clothed are either partners to fully nude people, walkers who've decided they're coming through regardless and don't stop and blokes who wear a swim brief but are perhaps too shy to wear it at a regular beach. Yet to see a group that stays 100% in suits as if the others are unusual.

I guess the fact I tend to strip as soon as I hit the sign is also making that assertion in a small way.

This post was edited

Our only locally nude tolerated beach is Black's Beach in San Diego. It's across the street from the University and not surprising, lots of college students visit this beach and use it both clothed and naked. We used to visit much more than we do nowadays. It's a tough trek down and back up. Many times I've approached young adults on the beach clothed and giggling like little kids. I've politely confronted them on why they come to the nude side of the beach and act like kids when the non nude side is equally as far from the steps as the nude side. I'm usually answered with something close to; "this is a public beach and we can go anywhere we want." So I agree with them but add, "that's true but why come to the side where nude people are when you obviously aren't mature enough to deal with it." I've had many get up and leave. Others remain but seem to keep their giggling to a minimum. I just don't get why non nudists or those not wanting to see nudity, always seem to venture to the nude beaches. (shrug)

This post was edited

We have only had nude beach experiences in the Caribbean which has spoiled us. Here in the US it would be a minimum of a 3 hr flight to Haulover and I have seen way to many sneak pics and videos checking into it. Luann has a love for beaches but it is worth flying out of here to have peace and a pure relaxing time.

This post was edited

We'd visited a few nude beaches here in California before we took our week long trip to the Caribbean. We stayed at a nude beach resort and it was truly amazing. Warmer, clear water, a beach bar and a restaurant, all nude friendly. It spoiled us as well and we returned every year for 11 years. We stopped for a bit because of my health issues but plan to return with good friends from CO. Unfortunately, our beloved resort was destroyed by a hurricane and hasn't rebuilt yet. But there are other places to stay on the island and villas to rent.

This post was edited

Our nearest nudist beach gets quite a lot of visitors in high summer from a campsite that is about a 25 minute walk, walking is the only way to get there from it. The campers often bunch up at the bottom of the steps and quite a few have smirks on their faces and are giggling like the students do at Blacks beach. Nudists are a 'tourist attraction'. Another nude beach here in England in Brighton is not far from the main town centre, we've been there a few times to meet friends who live nearby and on a hot summers day there are many giggling people watching the nudists, its far from my ideal beach. I know people who tackle the 'gigglers' in a similar way by pointing out the immaturity of their behaviour, sometimes it shuts them up, sometimes they go away, some get very defensive and a few aggressive. There are plenty of other places they can be on the beaches without being amidst nudists, sometimes its hard to believe that we're in the 21st century the way some behave at the sight of nudity. Nudity in public is legal here, we can be naked on any beach, so they shouldn't be that surprised to see nudists on a beach, in reality most nudists stick to recognised nude beaches or quiet spots away from crowds. For peace as much as anything.

This post was edited

We all experience some unusual behaviour it seems. My guess is that the girls and guy who were first to arrive near me were checking it out, to see if they would participate or come back again and try, the other two guys were just standing looking and were gawkers. The other nudists at the beach apart from me were confident enough to keep doing what they were entitled to do, be nude at a CO beach, I think that comes with experience. A couple of years ago I would not have walked all the way around the point along the next CO section and through lots of textiles, I think experience and seeing others doing similar things helps.

This post was edited

What makes me a confident nudist? To old and ugly and to care ? That seems to be where I find myself these days.

This post was edited