RE:Being certified

Why not be required to have a face to face (cam to cam) with a designated mod or mods to become certified?

This post was edited

I would be open for that, but the issue comes down to monitoring the moderators to ensure that the process is being followed?

This post was edited

"Yes it does help to keep the fake profiles out but there are cases where the fake profile does get certified and then use stolen photos for his/her profile to get around this" BEEN THERE! SADLY!

This post was edited

Becoming certified certainly doesnt get rid of fakes, but it is at least one thing true people are willing to do. So at least those of us who ARE trying to be REAL nudists have a slightly better chance of connecting. With any social media site you will always have to test the water with people before actually starting to trust and believe them. Im just thankful that at least there are a good number of people here that are of a healthy mindset and honest intentions. We can always block the fakes.

This post was edited

We can always block the fakes.
Or have fun baiting them.

This post was edited

Yes, there is a genre of photos online that are clothed/unclothed duplex shots, so they could easily be uplifted. However it would take some editing to incorporate the membership number.
I get about 3 or 4 fake friend requests per week, so the only way to reduce these is for ALL users to flag them immediately, so the mods deem it necessary to delete them and the word gets out that it's not worth the trouble signing up, if that is your intention.

I think if the mods simply scanned the profiles for mentions of certain websites, or even any website domain, they could easily find those Profiles which are two days old, have no Profile details other than age and gender, no friends, no photos and mention a sex website.

This post was edited

I think, given the complaints about the actions and inactions of mods, and lack of adherence to rules, inability to uphold them or even the uneven application of them, it is highly unlikely that the mods can be relied upon to keep the site reliably genuine.
It is likely that the main duty of mods is to allow as many members to join as possible, and only block them if there are complaints. The more members, the better the image of the site and the larger the pool to be paying a membership fee.

This post was edited

My observation is that many people do not get Certified because they see the logon screen displaying Certification photos of members, and are 100% certain that they do not want to appear on every member's login screen. My understanding is that this does not happen without you being aware, but some guarantee that this does not occur would, I believe, lead to more members becoming Certified.

I found the answer to this concern...
Under your membership settings selection in the sidebar, choose Privacy and then set the pop-up menu to "Don't Allow" prefixing the text "my profile to be featured on the home page".

So there it is. To be comfortable with being Certified, sending photos and not having them on the login page, choose this option in your settings.

This post was edited

I think, given the complaints about the actions and inactions of mods, and lack of adherence to rules, inability to uphold them or even the uneven application of them, it is highly unlikely that the mods can be relied upon to keep the site reliably genuine.It is likely that the main duty of mods is to allow as many members to join as possible, and only block them if there are complaints. The more members, the better the image of the site and the larger to pool to be paying a membership fee.

You hit the hammer on the nail - my thoughts exactly.

This post was edited

There is really no where you can go or anything you can do to eliminate all the schemers and scammers but, anything that can reduce their numbers is a help

This post was edited