RE:Embarrassed?

Nudony we have been there before. I had one friend that knew our lifestyle and had an abrupt visit from him which he saw more than he cared for. That blew over after a short course of time thankfully. The second was from a decades long time friend of mine that she got pretty wined up, got naked in the hot tub with all of us and I haven't heard from her in months. It can be awkward when a person has regret, shock or can't equate the western culture that we live in.

You ought to get your wife to call your "missing friend" to invite her over again. I say have your wife do it so it is woman-to-woman. Your friend might feel more comfortable telling her she was embarrassed that she got naked when she was too wined up. She just may want a do-over but doesn't want to invite herself.

This post was edited

I was reminded, recently, of an incident way back in 1980/81. We were visiting with close non nudist friends when the subject of "how we met and when we met," came up in conversation. My one friend, also a firefighter, told this story for about the 100th time.

I was already roaming naked freely in the dorm/locker room and head area of the fire station, usually in the early mornings or late evenings when we were going to bed. I awoke one morning about 6 am. I was really thirsty so I walked over to the kitchen, which was on the other side of the fire station, to get a glass of water. Like other times, I'd just jump outta bed and walk over. I walked into the kitchen thinking it was odd that the lights were on but figured someone forgot to turn them off the night before.

I walk in and over to the cupboard for a glass and I hear, "ahhhh, morning!" I turn and see this guy sitting at the kitchen table. He was the new firefighter on the oncoming shift and decided to get there early so make a good impression on his new Captain. I was embarrassed at first, I must admit. I didn't know this guy and most times, if I was seen naked in the kitchen or even on the apparatus floor, it was usually by someone I worked with, someone that knew me well enough that knew I was a nudist or it was in the dorm, locker room or head where nudity was normal back in those days.

This guy wasn't sure about me at first and kinda kept his distance until we worked together a few times. We ended up becoming good friends and we are good friends to this day. We live close to one another and see each other frequently. He occasionally tries to embarrass me by telling people/friends of the "first time he met me in the kitchen at the fire station." His wife occasionally embarrasses him by telling our friends that "he, will occasionally walk about the house naked and say, I'm trying to figure out why Andy does this." She'll expose him by telling those people that, "he just says that so he can make an excuse to run around the house naked." I'll gladly take the blame!

This post was edited

Nudony we have been there before. I had one friend that knew our lifestyle and had an abrupt visit from him which he saw more than he cared for. That blew over after a short course of time thankfully. The second was from a decades long time friend of mine that she got pretty wined up, got naked in the hot tub with all of us and I haven't heard from her in months. It can be awkward when a person has regret, shock or can't equate the western culture that we live in.You ought to get your wife to call your "missing friend" to invite her over again. I say have your wife do it so it is woman-to-woman. Your friend might feel more comfortable telling her she was embarrassed that she got naked when she was too wined up. She just may want a do-over but doesn't want to invite herself.

I was thinking about her just this morning again. Luann or I should reach out to her. Thanks for the nudge.

This post was edited

Andy if I was that rookie guy I would have second guessed the situation myself ! :D :D :D

This post was edited

Andy if I was that rookie guy I would have second guessed the situation myself ! :D :D :D

We had dinner with this couple tonight. We were catching up about how much time we'd been spending at home again and Di commented on how less she does laundry since last year. He made a comment about me being naked all the time at work and probably are this whole time. We bantered back and forth and we were all laughing. During our banter, he did say that it wasn't that big a shock. He'd been told by others that some guy at FS 43 was always naked. After we met that morning, he figured it was me! hahaha

This post was edited

Andy it is not Vegas odds since you drive naked you sleep that way too. :D

This post was edited

Andy it is not Vegas odds since you drive naked you sleep that way too. :D

Got to work that way, sometimes, after I became a Captain! It was usually on weekend or holidays. I had my own dorm with a satellite office. I rarely needed to go downstairs to the main office. Only time I slip on some clothes was for emergency responses and to eat meals... and our visit to Starbucks. Before I retired, I did take the reserve fire engine out for a naked drive! I had my work jacket on and unzipped and my turnout boots close by to slip on if I needed. I had a nice 10 min drive around the town and then back into the back of the firehouse. I backed the rig into it's stall and got out naked. One of my firefighters saw me get out and laughed and said, "now you've done everything!" Not quite but close! hahaha

This post was edited

Andy you are certainly are a dedicated soul ! :D

This post was edited

I didn't feel embarrassed in my first socially nude event. But I did have an embarrassing thing happen.
I had gotten home from a long trip, feeling grimey, so I walked in the door and stripped in anticipation of a shower. I decided to get on Truenudists first. So, I was sitting nude in my office, chatting with a couple of friends.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. My neighbor lady was there. She knew I was home and she tried calling me first but I didn't answer, but she needed help so she came over. Here was the issue, the door she knocked on was a full glass door and she was 4 feet from me. What could I do, I had to answer the door. I apologized and she said it was no problem. However, her eyes never left the floor. I asked her to wait while I grabbed some clothes, which she did. She told me what help she needed, which I provided, and I apologized again. Interestingly she said it was o.k. as she felt if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I guess that tells me she did see my all. Anyway, I felt embarrassed because she appeared to be embarrassed. Frankly, I am surprised she hasn't seen me naked before this happened. Maybe she has and that's why it wasn't a big deal to her. I have a few others but this is a fairly recent one.

This post was edited

For me, yes extremely. I was quite young and decided to answer an advert for someone chasing a nude model for photographs. Don't know what I was thinking but wanted to try it anyhow.

The gent was fully delighted with me, both my age and how shy I was, which helped encourage me along though I felt just about ready to pass out when I finally walked back into the room naked.

Was an amazing experience though!

This post was edited