Embarrassed?

Were you embarrassed when you first started going nude? Are you still embarrassed under certain circumstances, like if certain people see you?

This topic was edited
RE:Embarrassed?

I decided that the time to decide on embarrassment was before I did it, I. E. Either I do it or I don't but if I do, I refuse to be embarrassed as I don't see why I should be.

Admittedly I'm selective as to when I do it.

(not sure I've put that very well!)

This post was edited

I get where you're coming from

This post was edited

For me it was too difficult to start nudism because I always felt embarrassed. Nowadays Im more open to nudism but in public places I find difficult specially with evident stares.

This post was edited

I don't get embarrassed as such by being seen naked, either by other naked people or clothed. I do worry about the reaction of other people seeing me naked and any problems that will cause me or my wife.
So I tend to be very careful when naked in our garden if I know the neighbours are around. Not because I would be embarrassed about being seen but I am pretty certain what their reaction but be. And as we get along in all other aspects I dont want to jeopardise that.
But that isnt embarrassment. Have chatted to plenty of clothed and naked people on beaches etc. Have had delivery drivers catch me naked in my back garden and just stood up and stealth with the delivery with no embarrassment.

This post was edited

I only came to naturism this year and thought I would feel embarrassment in front of others but in fact I don't. Strangely though I felt awkward when my wife found me naked this morning before I dressed for work. I wouldn't be naked in front of my family. As for the neighbours, well I wouldn't be embarrassed but wouldn't want to make them feel awkward.

This post was edited

No, never.

Can you explain what certain people means to you?

This post was edited

I was never really embarrassed, but I was very nervous the first time. I would also get nervous going to a new place for the first couple of years.

This post was edited

I was never really embarrassed, but I was very nervous the first time. I would also get nervous going to a new place for the first couple of years.

This post was edited

blushguy75 wrote:
Were you embarrassed when you first started going nude? Are you still embarrassed under certain circumstances, like if certain people see you?

If by "certain people" you mean people who know you in the textile world but would be surprised to see you naked, then no. When I was introduced to nudism in Germany, it was in the company of a couple of friends who took me to an event where I was the only American there. I didn't know anybody else.

All of my other experience has been with friends, except for some nude beaches and such where I was far from my home "stomping grounds" and didn't know anybody.

I haven't met anybody here in the area, so that experience may still be in store for me. I doubt if it would faze me, though.

This post was edited

Yeah, I was a little embarrassed at first. I had a guitar and spent a lot of time playing it (badly) partly to cover up my groin area and partly because it was the only thing I could do. But after an hour or so, I put the guitar down and took a swim and played some badminton with the people there, and all was cool.

As for the second part of the question, if I meet somebody in a nudist envrionment that I knew but that I didn't expect to see there, I wouldn't care a bit. I'm naked, they're naked. I think a lot of people sort of suspect me as a closet nudist, anyway, because I'm wearing less than they are. If it's hot and humid, I see no sense in wearing anything more than a pair of shorts and sandals, or whatever I can get away with, in textile environments.

This post was edited